TV Guide: Melody Thomas Scott Interview

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is why I love Melody Thomas Scott. She's been around this business so long she doesn't give a fúck. I'd steal her for another soap if I thought she'd ever leave. She's not that stupid.

• Members

This made me laugh:

That was such a long time ago. I talk to fans now and they refer back to those early days and how Nikki was “on the pole.” I’m like, “Back then, there was no such thing. The pole hadn’t been invented yet.” [Laughs] That’s when stripping took real talent. You had to do it without a pole!

• Members

Considering the pole spins by itself....

Anyway, I like that MTS thinks that Victor and Nikki shouldn't be together anymore. That said, I hope she didn't give the show the idea to make Nikki a pimp. 

• Members

I like MTS. I never saw it as Nikki was pimping out Noah. I actually quite liked Nikki/Tessa relationship, reminded me of Amber and Katherine (only time Amber was likeable). 

I'm actually enjoying Nikki and Victor like this. I don't want them going back to being some "great love." I do want Nikki to eventually move on for good though.

• Members

MTS is an interesting actor. Let's face it: Drunk Nikki is the most interesting Nikki. 38 years of being the victim just doesn't fly. And, despite, the whole "I'm doing [the concert] for myself,' the writers can't help but have TGVN pull out a gold lame dress and some gaudy clunky from the Dyansty prop shop and Nikki is getting thirsty again. 

I do like the MS angle of the story and think MTS has been playing it well. The Tessa story could actually be so much better - Nikki/Tessa could be bonding over damaged upbringings and Nikki serving as a mentor and calling her out. Notice how Tessa has been completed Cassized - zero trouble! Tessa should be struggling with addiction, sleeping around, or whatever. She's gone from the street to the Genoa City Premium Outlet Mall! 

I think it's obvious they are going Vash and Nack again - that's the only combo that makes sense at this point for those four characters.

Archived