Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Huh she's been frontburner repeatedly in the last decade! She was also offered a contract at 55 y.o. and she refused.

Ashley is on the frontburner. Nikki has been on the frontburner several times. I'm not saying the show is not ageist or mysogynistic, because it is. I'm just saying that being pessimistic about everything won't lead us anywhere.

• Members

Eileen & Tracey are NOT frontburner.

Tracey's last "story" lasted a month and barely featured her while Eileen receives more airtime supporting Jack's stories than for stories of her own.

Nikki is the ONLY female character in her age range who receives consistent airtime & story centrality and even her stories are largely reactions to Victor.

Finally Marla Addams is only around temporarily. If Dina is still around six months from now with similar and/or increased airtime & quality of story then you can talk.

• Members

Leslie started as a recurring character in 2010...or was it 2011 . She was an associate of that lawyer, Van Abrams. When was it that Sophia was on? I distinctly remember Neil taking Leslie to some party so that an engaged Sophia could seethe. JFP promoted AC to a contract in late 2012 for a pairing with Neil but mostly to help anchor Tyler, whom I always considered a Devon recast without recasting being that Devon disappeared for a good 4 months  straight when Tyler first appeared. 

• Members

I suddenly see new merit in the pairing as long as it's a fatal one.  Seriously though a vet like Kristoff should not be stuck with an actress as green as MO. She's gotten better and I respect her for that, but there are still some days where I'm stunned that she was cast as an Abbot.

Anyway, I'd much rather see Abby and Devon. They could do some good stories about them competing in business and such. I mean, obviously they wouldn't, but they could.

• Members

That funeral would be hilarious.

Nikki would be screaming, Michael would pass out business cards after delivering the eulogy, Leanna would show up in all red, and Jack would accidentally knock over the casket at the end of service.

• Members

No 

Devon will outlast them all. 

On paper, Abby and Devon work. It's just that onscreen, she's so much taller than him. I think it'd be awkward. I wanted them paired so bad when ER was in the role. 

• Members

Especially with the pregnancy.  Everyone in Lily's circle should be pissed beyond belief with Cane. They would be talking about how he exposed her to STD's and betrayed her by getting another woman pregnant, while she can't have more children.  Instead they are a bit annoyed with him for cheating and barely getting scenes. 

• Members

Anyone else think that Juliet's mother could be a significant character from past? I'm mean I think Juliet is young - well, considering a 29 y.o. has 16 yo twins.... I mean there was speculation about Tessa, but I think Y&R should ride this Juliet story long and hard. It's bringing a lot of characters together. And there's still two major reveals: 1) Cane setting up Billy; and 2) Juliet lied about suit + Hilary knowing, etc.

Archived