Characters That Never Got A Proper Send-off

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Y&R's Katherine Chancellor. A larger than life character and actress, and Grande Dame of Genoa City. I enjoyed the actor's getting to reminisce about Jeanne Cooper, but I felt her send off disappointing. The subsequent story was lazy, and it didn't connect the cast of old and new in ways that I thought it would. 

Y&R's Diane Jenkins. Casting the IT actress Maura West with a bad writing team was a match made in hell. West is a good actress, but she was never Diane. It was basically Carly came to Genoa City, and it was awful. Save a few scenes here and there.

A lot of Y&R day players like Mary, Gina, Anita (man I loved Mitzi and wish they kept her), Mamie, never got proper send-offs.

• Members

------Characters That Never Got A Proper Send off!!------

------The Young and the Restless(Y&R)------

1. Mary Williams

2. Carl Williams

3. Colonel Douglas Austin

4. Mamie Johnson

5. Miguel Rodriguez

6. Lynne Bassett

7. George Rawlins

8. Cassandra Hall Rawlins

9. Michael Crawford

10. John Silva

11. Brock Reynolds

12. Chase Benson

13. Farren Connor

14. Andy Richards

15. Dr. Casey Reed

16. Sabrina Costelana Newman

17. Patty Williams

18. Drucilla Barber Winters

19. Dr. Olivia Barber Hastings Winters

20. Nathan Hastings

21. Nate Hastings

22. Elizabeth "Liz" Foster

23. John Abbott

24. Brad Carlton

26. Colleen Carlton

27. Sage Warner Bingham Newman

28. Delia Abbott

29. Detective Alex Chavez

30. Detective Mark Harding

31. Detective Dylan McAvoy

32. Brittany Hodges Marsino

33. Bobby Marsino

35. Raul Guittierez

36. Diego Guittierez

37. Diane Jenkins

38. Hope Adams

39. Tucker McCall

40. Ryan McNeil

------The Bold and the Beautiful(B&B)------

1. Stephanie Douglas Forrester

2. Sally Spectra(Darlene Conely)

3. Ridge Forrester(Ronn Moss)

4. Caroline Spencer Forrester(Joanna Johnson)

5. Dr. Taylor Hayes

6. Beth Logan

7. Storm Logan

8. Phoebe Forrester

9. Alexandra "Aly" Forrester

10. Whip Jones

11. Thorne Forrester

12. Darla Einstein Forrester

13. Macy Alexander

14. Saul Feinberg(Michael Fox)

15. Kristen Forrester Dominguez

16. Tony Dominguez

17. Clark Garrison

18. CJ Garrison

19. Margo Lynley

20. Stephen Logan

21. Deacon Sharpe

22. Jackie Payne Marone Knight

23. Owen Knight

24. Bridget Forrester

25. Nick Marone

26. Sly Donovan

27. Marcus Walton Forrester

28. Dayzee Leigh

29. Bill Spencer, Senior

30. Donna Logan

31. Ann Douglas

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I think I would have to disagree on this one. Caroline's illness and death was a major storyline which involved a lot of characters and played out over quite a significant amount of time, culminating in a very emotional climax with her farewell party and then her death in Ridge's arms. Her death also continued to have an impact a long time after the actual event.

I really don't know what more they could have done to be honest.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Miranda from GH?  She was such a critical part of the S/B/J triangle and she just casually faded away.  Never to be spoken of again.  I can't even remember why she left or how.  I just remember how clear it was she was unpopular and they dropped all the plans they had for the actress.  She was going to be the missing Cassadine sister I think and at least a rebound for Jax and she just quietly left one day forever

• Members

Maybe they got Caroline confused with Karen? LOL

Did Karen get an exit before she randomly popped back up as a lesbian? (Tho she did pop up in 2009 of course and they seemed to briefly consider pairing her with Nick Marone)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I can't believe John Dixon hasn't been named in this thread. I know he returned in ATWT's final weeks and got a little happily-ever-after with Lucinda. But after driving decades of story, he just stopped appearing in 2004, without so much as an explanation. The same thing happened (around the same time too) to Ben Harris, although he had slightly less history on the show.

• Members

AMC's Langley Wallingford certainly fits the bill.  After Louis Edmonds was taken off contract in early 1992, he only appeared a few times: Dimitri and Natalie's failed engagement party at Wildwind, Mona's funeral, and the show's 25th anniversary week-long celebration.  He was conspicuously absent during the Willow Lake storyline in 1993, which was really the last story to heavily feature Ruth Warrick's Phoebe.  After his appearances in January 1995, the character just vanished.  Phoebe, who rarely appeared at this point herself, would mention from time to time that Langley was out of town on an archeological dig.  On a related note, it still blows my mind how Ruth Warrick was so marginalized after 1993.  The Wallingford Estate set was struck down, Langley vanished, Chuck and Charlie left town, Linc stopped making holiday visits, and Phoebe was little more than a glorified extra at major Pine Valley events. 

Edited by JabotCEO

• Members

That makes sense.  I forgot Guza was gone for awhile in 1996-97.  No big loss.  I just was pretty young back then and thought it was super weird Miranda went from being on all the time and an actual threat to Jax and Brenda to just leaving one day.  I am surprised they never brought her back as a recast ever.  Obviously Leslie Horan wasn't very good, but the idea of Miranda was pretty decent.  And she really only loved Jax and never hooked up with Sonny, so there's that.

• Members

I actually remember thinking she had better chemistry with Sonny than she did Jax .  For a minute I thought they were gonna hook her up with Mac.  As a kid, I thought the Miranda stuff was endless but she didn't even last a year.  Speaking of 90's B list GH characters, did Keesha ever get an exit?