Characters That Never Got A Proper Send-off

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This may sound strange, since she wasn't a major player in Oakdale, but...Vienna Hyatt. I know she was just brought on as a limited-run Paris Hilton, but she ended up having a fun storyline with Henry Coleman, and was the only scene partner who could make Henry seem straight. I get that they wanted to pair Henry with Barbara, but they could have given Henry and Vienna some final scenes where they have a true break-up. Vienna's last scenes were with Chris Hughes in some laundry room, as I recall.

• Members

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but she and Henry did have a big breakup. She pretended to be pregnant to get Henry back, and was screwing Casey on the side. Katie realized it and agreed to keep her mouth shut because she hated Barbara, but narc'd Vienna out shortly before she and Henry got married. 

Maybe her last scene was with Chris, but there'd been a fair amount of drama with Henry and Babs, as I recall. (I know Babs was making her wedding dress, a trope ATWT seemed to love to repeat with Carly.)

• Members

The Queen of the topic has got to be Kelly Capwell of Santa Barbara and her seven disappearing lovers.  After the tragic deaths of both Joe Perkins and Peter Flint, Kelly's boyfriends tended to fade out of the picture rather than face saying goodbye to her.

First, there's Dr. Justin Moore (1), he followed Kelly to the asylum, after Joe and Peter's death, and was never heard from again.  While in the asylum she met Pearl Bradford (2), who might have been a figment of her imagination, but he started a private detective agency with Cruz before he stopped showing up for work and most people forgot about him.  Then, there was Nick Hartley (3) who silently snuck out of town after his brother fell out of a window trying to assault Kelly.  Then, her shared lover with her mother, TJ Daniels (4) skedaddled out of sight after trying to poison her at the behest of her second husband Jeffrey.  Ric Castillo (5) seemed like the type not to vanish, given that his family lived in town, but he left without a word after a year.  Craig Hunt and Stephen Slade (6 & 7) both tried to distract her from Robert Barr and his secret twin Quinn, only to move away without forwarding addresses nor exit scenes.

My suggestion is that Kelly was a secret serial killer all along, (which is why she kept changing her appearance), but her wealth and position kept her from prosecution.  

Please register in order to view this content

However, the long-lost Lockridge heir Cassie also never got a goodbye scene, so maybe it was just a trend on that soap.

Edited by j swift

• 1 month later...
  • Members

@j swift, your post and theory are absolutely genius. You should repost it on the SB board.

Please register in order to view this content

Just ETA that Dylan Hartley, Nick's brother, had a one-night stand with Kelly in his plane. That's why he went out of his mind (and also because the writers didn't seem to know what else to do with him).

Edited by amybrickwallace