"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Members

I think ODAAT's commentary on Trump is mostly implicit because the nature of the show's racial makeup tells the whole story. When they talk about immigration and so forth, you know instantly what it's about. It's also (mostly) implicit on Roseanne so far, but clearly they plan to dig deeper shortly.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lol. I bet ABC executives are absolutely terrified of her. You never know what she will say/tweet/do next, but they need her show to be successful. She clearly has no [!@#$%^&*] to give, and they are at her total mercy. It’s kind of amazing. 

• Members

I noticed they never referred to either Trump or Clinton by name.

I understand why people had the initial fears they did, I shared some of them, but watching the show put me at ease. It's a shame to see what both sides of the aisle are trying to paint this as. Roseanne's tweets sure don't help her cause though.

But they signed her up. So they know what they were getting into. Many can look past it and still enjoy the show but I understand why some aren't able to. I don't subscribe to the idea that famous people should keep their yaps shut but I do sort of miss the days of not knowing which way someone leaned.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

That's not really true.  There are lines you can't cross as Laura Ingraham is finding out right now. If Roseanne crosses it and starts becoming a liability, they will drop her like a hot potato.  My fingers are crossed that she will not make that mistake. Leaving the Parkland kids alone would be a good start.

Not that I think she can stick to this, but I'm guessing ABC has already told her to watch it.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

lol, it is a bit bizarre. But the media will find something new next week

Please register in order to view this content

lol. I'm sure the current White House resident will tweet something. Or fire somebody.

Edited by KMan101