Y&R: April 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Scott does look like that meerkat. He needs a hair cut. I think every new guy cast by MY has the same look and styled the same.  Long hair and bohemian scarves. Everyone is Ron Moss without the chiseled jawline. Reed and Scott are clones. 

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Victor brought Chloe back in town to frame Adam. Thus he wouldn't have died had Victor not brought her back. Again, I say why the big deal? No one liked Adam. Why is Nick acting like he and Adam were so close?

Today's show was same boring drivel. The whole Ravi mess again. And Reed is so boring.....he does nothing but hang around town playing his guitar.....boring......and tomorrow's preview...more boring mess with Gloria and Jack as a couple....and Jack defending it....barf.....

• Members

Adam was a horrible person. He killed a child and covered it up, why does anyone anywhere care this much about him? Why are we still mired in a story about someone that is dead and has been off the canvas for a year? Why are soaps these days incapable of moving on from failed stories (Adam's entire existence as an adult character was a failed story IMO)?

• Members

Chloe's Pratt-esq arc certainly brought the ratings back to POP. Y&R made the cable 150 four days last week and Monday after rarely making it during the past 3 months. Last year, it was there at least 3 days a week. Just saying. Viewers like me want more than talk. Give us some action. Now if Sally's team can create longer, compelling stories, viewers will return. Let's see if CBS saw the same uptick last week  

• Members

...but can they?  

It seems that Sally's team is more focused on rehashing storylines from the previous regimes than moving forward.

Notably, her Fenmore's storyline, after suffering from sheer neglect, flopped.

It's starting to look less and less like "clean up" of the previous regime's storylines and more like maybe they're stalled for ideas on what to do next.

Question to anybody who has been watching recently-- where does this latest story leave the Victor biography thing?  Will it get dropped?

IMO, Sally was probably struggling with a way to make the story more active. It can't just be about Q&A and an assortment of flashbacks, there would have to be more to it.

Would Scott interview Victoria and Nicholas about their father after all this? While Victor is on the outs (yet again) with his kin?

I don't see how this doesn't bring that story to a screeching halt now. Maybe there wasn't much there to begin with?

• Members

Sally can't create longer, compelling stories. The only story that was midly entertaining was the Chloe one and that's a rehash from the previous writers. It is just a continuation of that story. Sally has not created one compelling story. She promised a changed Lauren with her Fenmore storyline and that went nowhere fast and became all about Gloria.

• Members

This show won't recover at this point...I'm pretty sure of it. I saw pieces of today and just nothing made sense. Sympathetic Victor acting like he's sad that he lost a son - who he conspired against. Victor will never be redeemed to me, but people have selective memories. He was never truly the good guy or partially likeable. He was never any Roger/Guiding Light which is what they tried desperately to make him. And the show is a maze of a mess. You don't love any character on this show. When that happens, it's the nail in the coffin for a show - as plotty as shows want to be, DAYS, GH, and other shows have proven what happens when you go after plot only. And on this show, they tried to plot, but the characters have fallen apart and the repair would take way too long now. Given that the head writer can't do either. I'm not even sure they have the acting company to pull anything off now, to sell bad writing or to sell the fact nothing is happening. It's just not good right now. It will be the last one standing, but I give Soap Opera about 3 to 4 years tops now. People laughed at World Turns, Another World, Guiding Light, All My Children, One Life to Live - when they were cancelled. None were as bad as what I see right now. It's showing.

Archived