Y&R Debuts New Opening Credits

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How on earth did they keep that quiet up to now? Usually, there are hints or leaks. My opinion, it's not bad at all. There are obviously more versions but this initial one is quiet easy on the eyes. Or mine, anyway. Maybe I need to wipe my glasses. 

The actors all look quiet attractive, which is in contrast to the previous version, where it was hit and miss.

• Members

Agree about the previous version.

Also, I want to say that I DO like how the logo harkens back to the '80's.  I NEVER liked how the "y&r" and "the young and the restless" looked in the last opening.

Wish they would lose the headless woman with the wide hips, though.

One more note: for the most part, the actor poses are okay, but I wish their backgrounds (for lack of a better word) had been more active (again, for lack of a better word).  It seems redundant to have both the forefront and background consist of actors posing for the camera.

• Members

Not bad. Certainly a noteworthy improvement over the last series of openings.

I too, wish the headless woman would be replaced but on a positive note, I think they are headed in the right direction with hearkening back toward the Sandy Dvore work as @YRBB so astutely noted, while incorporating a more seemingly modern technique like computer animation (while it's somewhat oddly retro that only the women had some type of background animation, while the men had the simple gradient background).

Well, it looks like they put some effort into this one.

Archived