Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know that Dallas loved the status quo and that’s why JR and Sue Ellen’s first divorce didn’t take. But I loved seeing her stand up to him and his threats in order to protect her child (John Ross was much better off with her than at Southfork, where he would have been raised by his grandmother).

I wish Sue Ellen hadn’t gone back to him. And realistically, I don’t see how she could have after all the threats he directed at her when he wanted to get John Ross away from her. I would have rather had her find happiness with someone else.

• Members

Larry Hagman segment starts at 14:32.

CBS broadcast the 1989 Kennedy Center Honors on Friday December 29, 1989. It's quite fitting that Larry Hagman would make an appearance on a CBS special that was broadcast on the last Friday night of the 1980s.

Edited by kalbir

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Revisiting Sue Ellen's first drunk scene and I'm struck by how easily it could have been played for cringe comedy. It comes awfully close. I'd actually say that the reactions from these ladies that we'll never see again helps ground the moment. The lady in yellow feels so sad for Sue Ellen.