Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Members

This!

When Bobby left they still had JR vs Pam which the show didn't commit to.

The premise of the show was Pam vs the Ewings. When she left it was a different show. The only thing that kept it going that season was JR vs Sue Ellen. Everything else sucked.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

With all the departures in season 10, I don't understand why they didn't hold on to Jamie and Jack. They were Ewings and being torn between Ewing and Barnes lines. Jamie had a romantic connection with Cliff which blurred the line of loyalty she had to either side. Jack had a stake in Ewing which was compromised by April coming into the picture. It would have kept the feud going with both Ewings and Barnes in several directions. 

• Members

Jamie was killed three times. Twice in the dream season and once in the following season which happened off screen. All we got was Sue Ellen yelling Oh no when the call of her death was revealed. After the lawsuit..I don't think they knew what to do with Jamie.

As for Jack @GLATWT88 @Jagger1966.....Dack Rambo said he and Larry Hagman did not get along the first two seasons. It got worse when Patrick Duffy returned. He accused Larry of having him fired in 1987. 

Dack said Larry didn't like him because of his bisexuality.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I know Dack passed less than a decade after leaving the series, but have any other details surfaced? Do you remember where Dack shared this information? Did Larry ever respond to these claims? 

Did Jamie die twice in the dream season? 

• Members

I don't recall where I read it but it's been out there for some time. Larry did deny getting him fired but I don't think he ever denied not liking him.

Jamie almost died when the barrels fell on her. I think at the time there was a chance she would be written out. Then she was in Jack's car when it exploded due to Angelica hired hit man.

• Members

I think the challenge with the Ewing cousins is that cousin relationships are never as charged as sibling relationships. And neither Jack nor Jamie were particularly well cast. Jenilee Harrison simply wasn’t a great actress. And Dack Rambo had this coldness to his performances and didn’t have chemistry with anyone.

If they needed more family members, they would have been better off giving Clayton a couple of more children. They never utilized him properly - he was a total cipher, who pretty much gave up his entire life to move to Southfork to devote himself to Ellie. Where were his friends or other family members (beyond Dusty and crazy Jessica) and business dealings?