GH revisits old 1998 tale

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The original plan for the story was to never have her rapist revealed, which would have been more true to life and powerful. They changed their minds and a poor resolution popped up as a result. 

Given that Franco is a rapist how thrilling for them to explicitly say this return is about their relationship. Maybe they will trade tips.

• Members

Thanks Victor i gotta say u have awesome criticism insight. its not rewriting history its revisiting actually one of Guza 1998 stories with juxtaposed Liz rape with Luke and Laura rape revisted. honestly 1998 was a brilliant year for GH I think it was Guzas best stuff ever. it was a brilliant story. Jean and Shelly are smart to dig in history but revisit it not rewrite  its gutwrenching stuff.

• Members

I don't think this can help make Franco palatable.   Even if they make him see that only no good meanies pretend to commit rape, and let's face it that is about how deep this story will go,  it can't help RH's obnoxious delivery.   It also can't help with his limited skill set which prohibits him from playing anything other than the exact same character on every soap and even with every character on the same soap.    This character was horrible from day one, and nothing they try will make him better.   

• Members

I thought it was Yergin also. I kind of remember it being Baker, though, too.  He may have changed the name to Baker in the storyline for more people to hire him as a photographer because Yergin sounds more ethnic. 

In my GH Masterlist Questions Thread Tom Yergin you can see that's what I referred to him as, from several sources.

Archived