Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

+1

I actually thought the Cristal actress came off better than the Fallon actress. And Fallon/Steven seem so vapid and void of any real charm. It just seemed like a bunch of one liners that are meant to be bitchy or witty. It was terrible. One or two moments maybe had some promise but overall ... ugh.

• Members

I'm not saying Dynasty 2.0 is going to be an icon and I'm not saying it was the best promo/trailer but that none of you are being fair.  Here is a premier promo for Dallas from 1978 and it doesn't show the heart of the show. 

You guys need to chill out and accept that you only saw a glimpse of what's to come.  Here is what I got from the new trailer:  They are going to let Stephan be gay and he is witty; Cristal is enigmatic (they seemed to make it clear she isn't a gold digger) and a bit sarcastic; Fallon is determined to be in control but her stepmother is punishing her for being a jerk; The woman aren't only out for a man--they are also career driven; Blake is more down-to-earth and understanding. 

Perhaps I'm wrong with these observation's as it was, as said, a glimps.  What saddens me is that you all, at one time, were far more introspective and patient and intelligent than you guys are now.   That is why I preferred SON. All of you have turned into prissy fools who look for conflict.  On that note, I'm not sure why I even took time to post this tonight.

• Members

Definitely put me in the camp of intrigued.  I didn't think a lot of the trailer but by the end of it, I was intrigued to see more.  I like the Cristal and Fallon both are heavily involved in the business.  I love that Steven is going to be allowed to actually BE gay this time around.  I LOVE making Sammy Jo, Sammie Joe.  After all Steven and Sammy Jo were a couple in the original - I enjoy the twist on the old model.  

This is going to be Dynasty for the Gossip Girl generation.  They're going for a new audience - not the old one.  However, it seems that (having the original creators involved with it) they are going to be doing interesting nods to the original series but it's really going to be something new.  I also love the diversity - it could actually do really well on the CW.

I will certainly be watching it at the start.  I'm hopeful.  I also don't think the acting was as bad as others seem to think. Time will tell!