Agnes Nixon has passed away at 88

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right, that is Lorraine Broderick, longtime AMC headwriter & Nixon's protege. Also like you mentioned, Darnell Williams and Kim Delaney from the left. The next two women, I don't recognize (EDIT: On second look, the one on the left might be Jean Passanante.). Then Broderick, former AMC producer Ginger Smith, Lucci, I *think* that's former Associate Headwriter Fred Johnson, then former EP / actress / director Francesca James.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Blog Talk Radio show "Stardish Radio" will be hosting a tribute internet radio show for Agnes Nixon on Monday, October 17th, at 8PM Eastern Time.
You can call in to talk to the guest (MEK,Jill Larson, and more) or ask questions, share memories: (607) 203-5353

• Members

Along with Irna Phillips and William J. Bell, she was (IMHO) among the Top Three most important writers in soap opera history.

How sad to know that all the greats have either passed away or retired from daytime. Nixon, Phillips, Bell, Lemay, Slesar, Falken Smith, Labine, Winsor. Those of us who were fortunate enough to witness their work did not even know at the time how good we had it; how lucky we were! 

Thank you for the memories, Agnes Nixon et al!

Geez! I'm actually getting verklempt!

Archived