The SPICE GIRLS!!!

MarlandRulez

• Members

I've followed their solo careers a bit, so I'll try and fill yall in...

Geri releases two very successful albums in the UK. The second, Scream If You Wanna Go Faster was the #1 Imported Album in the US...shame they didn't release it. This past year she released another album which was very good, but didn't do nearly as successful. Her sound is very dance/pop.

B00005J7HG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mel B released two albums. The first did okay, it had a song with Missy Elliot if I remember. The second one was released last year and did TERRIBLE. The video looks like it was shot with a cellphone and the album debuted in like the 700s, lol. But it wasn't too bad. The first album was RnB, second pop.

B00004YTXF.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Emma has been the pretty successful. Her first album was big featuring singles like "What Took You So Long" and "What I Am." She followed this up with Free Me, a very 60s Burt Barabach-esque alum that has been huge these past two years in the UK. She also released it in the US and did some lite promo for it. It's excellent. I never expected her to be the most talented, but she without a doubt is.

B0001B3YWY.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Victoria released one album which was very, very good. Her downfall is that the UK hates her, but still her stuff charted well. In like 2004, she was recording a new album with Rocafella records, but her UK record company split up and wouldn't allow her to go to Roca full time. This also screwed things up for Craig David and Mis-Teeq. She released one Rocafella song, the excellent This Groove and several of the tracks that leaked were AWESOME. It's a shame she didn't get to come ot the US, I think she would've gotten a fair shot here. BTW, both of her albums were hip hop.

B00005OAA6.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mel C - I'm not really too crazy about her, but I think she's up there with Geri as the most successful. I remember really enjoying her Reason album, but it's been ages since I've heard it. She has a very rock sound.

B00008G9GJ.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Melanie C is by the most successful solo artist of the former Spice Girls.

Geri had the most No.1 spots in the UK but outside of the UK she has never been that big.

Melanie C's current single "First Day Of My Life" is the theme song of the German telenovela "Julia" and made that song No.1 for two weeks. It spent 17 weeks in the German top 10 and is still in the Top30 as of this week. The song was also No.1 in Austria and Switzerland.

Charts positions in the UK and Germany (biggest music markets in the world after the US and Japan) of all Spice Girls song and solo songs:

Spice Girls

Wannabe: UK #1, GER #1

Say You'll Be There: UK #1, GER #16

2 Become 1: UK #1, GER #13

Mama/Who Do You Think You Are: UK #1, GER #4

Spice Up Your Life: UK #1, GER #14

Too Much: UK #1, GER #21

Stop: UK #2, GER #35

Viva Forever: UK #1, GER #4

Goodbye: UK #1, GER #17

Holler/Let Love Lead The Way: UK #1, GER #17

Melanie C

Going Down: UK #4, GER ---

Northern Star: UK #4, GER #50

Never Be The Same Again (ft. Left Eye): UK #1, GER #5

I Turn To You: UK #1, GER #2

If That Were Me: UK #18, GER #58

Here It Comes Again: UK #7, GER #59

On The Horizon: UK #14, GER #80

Melt/Yeah Yeah Yeah: UK #27, GER #63

Next Best Superstar: UK #10, GER #32

First Day Of My Life: UK ---, GER #1

Melanie B

I Want You Back (ft. Missy Elliott): UK #1, GER #37

Tell Me: UK #4, GER #98

Feels So Good: UK #5, GER #62

Lullaby: UK #13, GER ---

Emma

What Took You So Long: UK #1, GER #36

Take My Breath Away: UK #5, GER ---

We're Not Gonna Sleep Tonight: UK #20, GER ---

Free Me: UK #5, GER ---

Maybe: UK #6, GER ???

I'll Be There: UK #7, GER ---

Crickets Sing For Anamaria: UK #15, GER ---

Victoria

Not Such An Innocent Girl: UK #6, GER ---

A Mind Of It's Own: UK #6, GER ---

This Groove: UK #3, GER ---

Geri

Look At Me: UK #2, GER #22

Mi Chico Latino: UK #1, GER #28

Lift Me Up: UK #1, GER #77

Bag It Up: UK #1, GER #79

It's Raining Men: UK #1, GER #5

Scream If You Wanna Go Faster: UK #8, GER #67

Calling: UK #7, GER #48

Ride It: UK #4, GER #78

Desire: UK #22, GER #97

• Members

This was an AWESOME song from Victoria's album called NOT SUCH AN INNOCENT GIRL, the video is really fun, Victoria's good and bad sides emerge and fight to be dominant!

the lyrics are pretty cool too

I'm not made of China

I'm not made of glass

Would it shatter your illusions if this angel had a past?

:lol:

WATCH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0VnAwxSxQ...toria%20beckham

• Members

LOL yesterday on Much More Music (Canada's VH1) they played an old "Behind The Music" biography of the Spice Girls :lol: oh the memories..... I remember the weekend it was announced Geri left :( It was a dagger through the hearts of Spice fans everywhere.

• Members

I still like their ballad, "2 Become 1".

I also like Mel C.'s dance hit "I Turn To You."

I haven't heard any of the other girls' solo stuff.

I think they're more talented then Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff. Pop stars and groups have been manufactured for years. It's been going on since the 40s.

• Members

Word... at least the Spice Girls had a message and a root cause.... sure they were manufactured but they embodied the spirit of girl power and were role models for young girls everywhere.... Hillary Duff and Lindsay Lohan hardly have any kid of message or cause lol...

• Members

Last summer I was at yard sale and came across tons of Spice Girl stuff. I got all of the following for 50 bucks...

Spice Girls Jacket (Med)

2 Lunch Boxes

5 Spice Girls on Tour Dolls (unopened)

5 Spice Girls on Stage Dolls (unopened)

4 Viva Forever dolls with the little finger puppets (unopened)

I sold everything except the lunch box and Ebay was very good to me :lol:

Archived