B&B - May 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess Nicole will forgive Sasha for being a tramp because she is her sister….sigh...

B&B writers….from left to right…Adam Dusivor, Michael Minnis, Elmer Fudd, Patrick Mulchey, Mark Pinciotti

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I've only recently re-started watching B&B daily - since Liam 'escaped' and had zero interest in the Avants, but the past two episodes have been quite good. RE killed it today. I'm so glad they made the creative choice of Nicole siding with Sasha and not the historic soap deal of blaming her. The best thing from the TG mess (and it is a mess because of the way they skipped right to wedding) has been the introduction of an interesting diverse family around Maya. It's quite remarkable that in 15 months we went from Maya to Nicole, Vivian (my favorite), Julius and Sasha - all characters built from scratch. (I don't count Zende because he's a legacy character, plus he's awful.) Many things with B&B went south after the Aly death, but this is one area where B&B deserves credit. I hope after this revelation, they have plenty in store for them. (I still think we're going to see a tug-o-war with Maya and Nicole.)

• Members

They have 2 or 3 female SW too but they aren't pictured. I know MVJ was there at the award ceremony. As for straight…LOL….Adam is married I believe with children….and Mark is a winker….dont know who he was winking at during his victory win…..LOL….not sure about the other male writers and which way they swing….LOL 

• Members

Sasha's behavior makes lots of sense, and I think BB has done a good job showing how Julius' ill treatment of Sasha has shaped her relationships with men.  She loves Zende?  Sasha would rather have Julius in her life being mean and nasty to her than to not have him at all.  In spite of fitting 3 months of eppies into 1 last Friday when the reveal came out of nowhere, I am actually liking this.  I also enjoy that nIcole's response is not about Zende because everything is not always about a man.  

Julius is still jobless in that room putting?  Good Gawd!  I like it tho and I hope he becomes someone who begins to take from the Forresters.  Before J was a proud man, but yesterday, he couldn't' get to the rooftop fast enough when the meal was on the Forresters.  If he is going to be jobless, make it count.  

Please keep Liam dick off my screen for a while!  The eppies without him and that circus are always better!

• Members

They need to have Vivienne slap Julius when she learns about his cheating and leave him only to move into Brooke's mansion. It would make sense to have her near her daughters and around to help with her grandchild. Plus can you imagine her around Brooke and all the shade she might throw when she actually gets to know her? Id love to see them clash over the new baby and how they have different values and ways to raise children

• Members

There are times when he is quite amazing and then the writers give him long dialogue, which reminds me of Olivia Pope's horrible father on Scandal, and it becomes scene chewing. I really thought the character was pretty one-dimensional with the Maya bashing. But I'll admit I got hooked on him through his scenes with Sasha - OB really conveys Julius' conflict so well - his desire for the perfect family balanced with caring Sasha, but still feels like it's something dirty. Also, this story has done so much for the Sasha character because she is far more interesting and not just a golddigger. I loved it when Vivienne said that Sasha came to LA because she missed the family unit she had in Chicago and not for the glam, etc. I'm glad they have strung these episodes together.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

There was a time when I thought Id never see an actual black family on this show but they are here and I love that we got three black women driving the story today. Such great scenes. The sugarcoating of Maya aside, Im glad that they get some ugly writing as well

Oh and they better cast Lucy. It would be a missed oppurtunity to not have Sasha's mama show up and make this even messier

Archived