DAYS: Set List Leaders: 2009-2015

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't keep that detailed a record, just the main set list names, so I'm not sure of what's been changed (or when) to the Horton House. The set wasn't used in 2009, but then brought back for Alice's passing in 2010, and then Jennifer moved in, so it's been in regular use again since then. To me, it has basically the same general look of how it looked back in the 1965 pilot, with the foyer/staircase/front door/fireplace/etc... all in the same place.   

• Members

I've heard before (though it's been a few years ago) that the only original piece on the Horton house set from 1965 is the door handle to the front door. I may be completely wrong in this but I know I've heard that somewhere. Anyone know anymore about this? 

• Members

I was watching a 1983 episode, and the foyer is definitely different now. Nothing wildly dramatic, but they've redesigned it slightly. 

I remember, in the late 2000s, part of the reason the Horton set stopped being used was because it was constructed differently than the more modern sets -- it was much harder to take down and put up quickly (probably because, in the early days, it was meant to be a permanent set). I'm guessing that when they revived it in 2010, they rebuilt to make it more versatile. 

Thanks for sharing this, as always, Jason. It's really interesting. 

• Members

I remember reading that, too. It was definitely tweaked in some way when it returned in 2010. The living room is more box-shaped, it seems, versus being half of an octagon. Something about the walls seem emptier and not as lush, too. 

A long, long time ago, the door in the foyer to Tom Horton's den/office was removed. And I know there was a dining room at one point, but where was it located in respect to the rest of the house? 

• Members

I have seen stills from the early days showing the terrace outside the french windows in the living room.The dining room ,I believe was beside the living room on the fireplace side with entrance doors forward of the fireplace(now out of camera range).

I read somewhere that the set had been built for a sitcom pilot. It was quite a large and detailed set,especially compared to other soaps of the time.

• Members

Yes, it is left of the living room when you walk through the foyer. There's a door you can see when they show the foyer. They used to use the kitchen frequently up until the mid-2000's, but did show it when Alice was dying in 2010, and again a couple years ago when JJ's pot brownies made their way to Adrienne and the rest of the book clubbers :)  

Speaking of long-time sets, @JAS0N47 when was the final time the Penthouse Grille was used?  The last time I can think of was around summer of 2004 when Lucas proposed to Sami. 

Archived