Y&R casting

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kevin doesn't need anymore too young for him friends or love interests, he needs a pink slip.

The whole younger cast has nothing to do, Summer's never on, they refuse to use age appropriate Fen in favor of his creepy predator Uncle, Kyle's recurring aka gone til another recast pops up, Mariah floats in and out of Sharon and Nick's orbits with nothing meaningful to do other than be around. Noah and Abby are the only two with story and while I don't mind her, he's showing how completely lack luster of a character/actor he is with this dry Marissa romance/triangle.

Jill and Pratt never know what to do with younger sets, they always throw them into stupid murder plots that do nothing but hinder dynamics and then stop paying attention until its time to kill another one of them off for sweeps. They can't depend on Victor/Jack/Phyllis/Sharon/Nick etc forever, now is the time to be setting up the next generation for the long term. Where are their career goals? Why aren't feuds and relationships being set up that can be played with for the next 10 or so years? None of these kids have staying power!

• Members

Yeah, when Kevin was talking about how young she was I was seriously getting creeped out AGAIN. I saw GR on Major Crimes in a multi-episode arc and it's amazing how much better he looked with better hair, makeup, clothes and he was convincing as a defense attorney (go figure watching CLB all these years). With the de-emphasis of Michael, Lauren, etc., I'm not sure why Kevin is there, UNLESS Natalie is going to be the new resident hacker and GR is on his way out. 

There is no point in bringing on any characters/kids from pre-Jabot era because there is no one left to barely tie them to. There is plenty to work with from 1982 on - 

• Members

Most of the actors look better everywhere else than on this show, I've been saying this for a couple years now.  What really got me is when certain people look washed out and bagged out on Y&R but always look fantastic elsewhere.  

When Lamon Archey, who used to play Mason looked fine as hell everywhere else but had shadows under his eyes and over his face, you know Y&R no longer knows how to properly light many of their characters.  Are they using fluorescent bulbs to save $$ or something?  They do the same redundant passé hairstyles and the clothes for all but a few characters, are usually shapeless and ill-fitting.

Archived