Y&R casting

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They seriously need a young actor with presence in a lead role...RA isn't strong enough, and his love interest is old enough to find Jack Abbott's doppelganger"hot"--yikes... I like Marisa, but RA can't be the sole "young" leading man, he just doesn't cut it...

Who could they age/ bring back in the younger set other than Kyle, though???

• Members

RA I think really should have been Scotty Grainger....I have said this multiple times but he seems like more of a Scotty then a Noah....I actually have grown to like Marisa and think she really could be a badass (and I usually hate this word so I don't know why I'm saying it LOL) but I don't have faith in the writing, which is a shame cause she would have been one of those Bill Bell "wrong side of the tracks girls" he wrote so well, like Nina,Drucilla,, even Nikki in the old days....

This show only wants to write for Abbotts and Newmans, and it's not even the third/fourth generations of them they are writing for which is stupid....all we will keep getting is the same baby stories with Nick, Victoria, Billy, and Adam....that's how they see the "younger" cast....

• Members

Meh. I wish they'd stop trying to make Kevin happen. He's long past his expiration date and GR is not convincing as a straight man. Never has. Never will be. Kevin always gave me teas that he plays for the same team (much like myself). 

He really should. IMO, they should have Kyle/Mariah/Summer be a triangle as it'd play on Sharon and Phyllis' tumultuous history. Sharon's daughter v. Phyllis' daughter. 

They need to bring Kyle back. MAB killed off the only other choice that could've been a male lead and that was Ricky. They could bring on kids from the Foster, Prentiss, and Brooks clan but that'd be too far for these pea brains in power to do. 

I do think that RA is strong enough to be the younger lead but they won't give him a chance. Noah's been in limbo (much like Kyle) with every actor that has occupied the role. They don't wanna do anything with him which is sad. Noah should be driving story more than anyone.

• Members

RA I feel has had more to do this year, compared to the last almost 4 years he was on.....but the end result will unfortunately not be good enough where he really showcases his talent......

I'm just so tired of the usual late 30's/40's crowd always being the ones to pop out babies every damn year......seriously we get it, I won't look as good as all of you when I'm like 45 years old, but seriously, you are ALL old enough to be grandparents, and Mariah, Noah, Kyle and Summer etc... are old enough to now have kids of their own...

• Members

especially the Newmans.....but heaven forbid.....they always have to stroke Braeden's ego....."YOUR A NEWMAN, A FIGHTER!!!"

I feel like B&B is finally starting to push their younger generation with having kids....but who knows how it will really go down...

• Members

I agree with the post above that young members of the Brooks/Prentiss/Foster clans need to be brought in, but that will never happen since Y&R ignores the 1973-1983 history period.

The Brooks Prentiss character could have so much potential with the right casting and some decent writing.

• Members

Thank you! IMO, Y&R needs a shot in the arm and a family from the past could be the answer. I've always said that Brooks Prentiss should come back to GC as a young corporate tycoon that takes Jack and Victor for a ride. Given Lorie (Brooks' mom) history with Victor and Nikki, it'd only make sense for him to come to town and mess with them.

Not Snapper as they're all too young for that role. But Chuckie and Brooks--I've always said that. Sean Carrigan (Stitch) would've made the perfect Chuckie as he plays a doctor, which Snapper was. It'd only make sense that Chuckie followed in Snapper's footsteps as it was Snapper who saved him as a child and he seemed to adore Snapper in a few episodes I've seen. 

Scott Elrod could've easily been Brooks, who could've had a history with Avery. At least then I would've cared somewhat. 

I'm at the point with soaps (with the exception of B&B) where I am over newbies. GH is 52, DAYS is 50, and Y&R is 42. All of them have too much history and past characters for them to bring on new people. Unless they are tied to characters of the past that the audience once cared for, I don't (and won't) care for them now.

Archived