GH: Nancy Lee Grahn acts a fool, makes Buzzfeed

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drunk or crazy? Let's face it, she's had a lot of twitter drama over the years.  I could really see an uneducated person with a good heart making the mistake she made tonight. Sure, she sees women in general being discriminated against and she wants us all to band together. However, as an educated woman she's been exposed to too many ideas about race to go down that road. She has to know that the experiences of black women and white women are very different in this country.

Beyond that some of her comments were so entitled and ungrateful. WTF was she thinking? Bitching about how much she has to bleed for the 1% when she's certainly in the 5% (if she isn't it's her own damn fault. She's been a working actor for over 30 years).

• Members

I think most of the time Nancy Lee Grahn means well despite her foolishness, and usually has her heart and her politics in the right place. But for the last decade or so I've also thought that most of the time, Nancy Lee Grahn needs to shut the !@#$%^&*] up. Some of the [!@#$%^&*] she said tonight was unconscionable.

• Members

I think she's in a bubble and likely saw herself as very educated and she had something profound to say...and she also seemed oddly bitter about Viola Davis and she merged the two.

As overused as the word privilege may sometimes be these days, this is a great example of it.

I do think that she has a better career in daytime than the article suggests, but I can see why the article poked some fun at her instead. 

• Members

I think that's true. The irony of this whole situation would probably really strike my funny bone if I were the Ann Coultere  type. Nancy is certainly on the far left, she's knocked other people down hard for similar offences. Likely people who did not have the luxury of being as educated as NLG. The woman can be downright mean to others who disagree with her, so I can't feel that sorry for her now. Well, I suppose I feel a little sorry for anyone when hundreds of people come for them at once. It has to be overwhelming and shaming.

• Members

I miss the good old days when there was no social media and every statement made by entertainers was prepared and offensive toward no one (more or less).  Nowadays, all platforms such as Twitter seem to do is strip away the aura and mystique of people one would otherwise admire and respect.

Archived