Y&R JULY 2015

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That depends on what you mean by succesful. Issa Rae has appeared on nationally televised morning shows, had articles about her in largely circulated main stream magazines, and supposedly got a TV deal. Stafford has none of that. So I'd say no. It's not very succesful.

• Members

Sure. Because, if Y&R ever wanted MS back, she'd say, no, thanks, I've got my web series! LMAO!

Also, I think you forget the very important detail: MS was FIRED. JFP threw her ass out. Justifiably.

• Members

Is there a CBS mandate that 20+ year veteran Sharon Case has to have her character ruined every other year...Here's a thought...Sharon loses her baby and then, I don't know, mourns the loss and moves on. The baby switch route has already been played out with Sharon/Ashley. Sage should lose her spawn also, as the last thing the show needs is that albatross as the mother of a Newman. (Perhaps Sage should take a trip to Hawaii, like Adam's ex-wifey)

• Members

I'm convinced they want Sharon Case gone. Too bad for them that her ego and sense of entitlement isn't as big as some others or she would be by now.

MS wasn't fired but they sure didn't try to keep her. No exec stepped in to make her stay happen. They obviously wanted her gone too. Or was at least indifferent. I assume since at the time, Avery was TPTB's chosen queen. And now they have GT doing a wonderful job in the role of Phyllis. They'd be stupid to ask MS back. But then these are the same people who asked CK back when they were well rid of a miscast (I like CK by the way).

• Members

I like GT as an actress just fine. It's this version of Phyllis that is FF material for me. I can't believe that an actress of GT's caliber is content playing this dreary, dull, matronly character, whose only purpose in life is fawning over her father figure. Look if I'm going to fawn over a man he will be a young hot stud (like Charlie Hunnam), who rocks my world. But poor Phyllis fawning over gramps Abbott is truly pathetic.

• Members
If they played it for the gold digging it is, I wouldn't be so annoyed. As things stand though, they play it like he's every woman's dream (without his money) from 25 to 60. That's just silly when you've got younger, richer, just as handsome with less baggage men running around that town.

GT reads older onscreen. So I don't think her phyllis is too young for jack. Her character has lots of miles and two adult kids. They fit.

• Members

Besides, Phyllis and Jack have almost 17 years worth of backstory behind them. For nearly a decade she was his One Big Love. Even when she wasn't, she was. None of it is nonsensical in terms of them being together now.

• Members

Phyllis is still a youthful, vibrant woman. Being saddled with a 60+ year old man does her no favors. There is a big age difference between the characters, so if Phyllis was all about Jack for his money, Jabot and social status, this would make sense. But trying to sell this senior citizen as some red hot stud (let's not forget Kelly) is totally absurd.

Archived