Y&R JULY 2015

• Members

I simply have failed to see the chemistry between the actors. They pack no heat...I've tried giving them the benefit of the doubt and sit through them; I'll try again. I find this Phyllis stern and severe she could be a tad softer, loosen up a little or something...this Phyllis is about as sexy as a light bulb maybe another partner can ring her bell.

(PS...seems an above wish has been granted Carilivati has been fired replaced w/Shelly Altman and Jean Passavante)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1 If they wanted to declaw Phyllis, why hire GT? Seriously. GT was about as perfect as a recast as I could've imagined having seen her on GL and OLTL. The woman exudes sensuality, strong will, fire and impulse. Isn't that what made Phyllis all these years? Like I said before, no flipping chance would the 'real' Phyllis have people like Ashley, Nikki and Billy do her bidding for her. She would be out there every minute away from visiting hours (and even during visiting hours) all up in GAdam's face, taunting Victor, hounding Paul and Christine, rallying LAUREN & MICHAEL (!), using Kevin to do sleuthing, finding some unlikely ally who hates Victor (e.g. Sharon) to dig at the truth. She would not be whining about the big old lonely Abbott mansion and baking cupcakes with Summer. Phyllis was always a protagonist who happened to be a woman, but took names like a man.

• Members

I totally agree. Yes I am a broken record, but it's so obvious why MS bailed on Y&R. She didn't want to play this dowdy, sexless matron. Watching Phyllis fawning over Jack is alternately funny and annoying. I don't blame GT. There are only 4 soaps left on the air and Y&R is the best of them. I feel bad for her because she deserves better.

• Members

I don't find GT "dowdy" or "sexless" at all, but have you watched Nina Three-Times on GH? Michelle Stafford is a beautiful woman but sex appeal is not exactly coming off Nina in waves. It's her tics that destroy her. She's on her own stuff and I hope to God Y&R doesn't take her back.

• Members
To be quite honest, I think MS left cause she didn't want to play supporting to PB. She didn't want her character as secondary to Jack. She wanted to be the center of the show in multiple storylines and paired up with younger guys that's more suited for Summer. Before JFP came on, Phyllis had become ridiculous. I'm still pissed they brought back Ronan to be paired with her. Of. All. People. By the time she left, I was way past being tired of Phyllis and the story choices (read propping) surrounding her. Well then she's not the matriarch. Maybe she should be but she's not. That is clearly Phyllis' role. Because she has a young daughter to care for...love doesn't feed babes.

Archived