Ex-Soap Writer Creates Website For Serialized Dramas

• Members

Meg Kelly, [formerly of DOOL, ATWT, and OLTL] and her business partner Joseph Craig have teamed up with Conklin-Intracom to launch SudsvilleTV.com, a website promising to offer all-new original programming aimed at soap opera fans. A new 40-episode sudser developed by Kelly is set to debut on SudsvilleTV.com this fall.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/06/02/new-online-soap-hub-launching-this-fall

I think this is an excellent venture for some great, new content to be created. I hope it also opens door for newer writers [such as myself] that want to create and write for serialized drama. I'm super excited and I hope it does well.

Thoughts?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the model that she is presenting. Sound good. Also good to see that they are coming up with other content too. Don't know how it'll do, but at lease she sounds excited about it. Again, I hope this succeeds and opens doors for new blood, who want to do something with serialized dramas.

• Members

LOL. Yeah, the graphics are a bit cheesy (okay EXTREMELY cheesy) but hopefully they'll upgrade that in the future, should this venture last and grow.

I'll just be reading and looking for more details but I can't get my hopes up on anything soap related at this point considering how Steamboat, TOLN and Soap Classics ended up. Painted Fences was awful, Gotham didn't really live up to its promise, and what happened to Empire the Series (the online websoap)...did we ever even get an ending? And I'll leave out my rant about the daytime soaps on network TV.

Is there a subscription model? Because I'm won't, I can't do another $ubscription for online viewing. So if that's what they're planning, they'll have to count me out.

Archived