• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, Friday and today's show were taped twice consecutively. The "official" version of Friday's episode is the second taping. If you saw the ending where Sonny saved Lily from a bomb, you saw the first taping.

Side note, I just ready they cut that bit for the second taping in light of the Boston Bomber verdict and I'm sure that's also a huge reason they went with the second taping for the "official" version.

• Members

Sorry, but direct comparisons to Helena annoy me. She's a ridiculous character redeemed solely by the actress. I know he meant no disrespect, but there are other ways to big himself up. He could just say he's bringing out the true Cassadine, or whatever.

• Members

She has been played by Constance Towers for almost 20 years. I mean, the only reason people like Sonny is because he is played by Maurice Benard, and the only reason people inexplicably like Alexis is because she is played by Nancy Lee Grahn, and the only people people perplexingly like Rick is because he is played by he who gets fired a lot. At least Constance Towers has talent.

• Members

I wasn't really putting Constance Towers down. She's a legend and she's done great work as Helena. I was just saying that the character herself really isn't up to much, aside from some good one-liners.

• Members

She's entertaining with her one liners, which is more than I can say for just about everyone else on the show the last ten years who didn't have one liners. She alone is superior to the rest of the cast combined. I love that she told Billy Miller to speak up. I cannot think of anyone on soaps who could play Helena as well as she does. And she looks fabulous doing it.

Archived