DAYS: Actress news

• Members
MARY BETH EVANS BACK ON CONTRACT...
1932296_571818829627062_4446810046754029
The good news continues to come in for fans of the "Days" vets! Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) has been upped to contract status. She joins Judi Evans (Adrienne) and Wally Kurth (Justin) as the third recurring actor to sign a contract with "Days" since the new writing team took over in February. Evans was on contract with "Days" from 1986-1992 and 2006-2009, and has recurred as Kayla since 2010. She won her first Daytime Emmy Award last week as a producer for the online soap "The Bay." Look for Kayla's storyline to pick up towards the end of summer, when her teenage son Joey and her long-time love, Steve, both return to the canvas.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awesome! I really love what they've done with Adrienne/Lucas -- not necessarily in terms of the pairing itself, but in how they've found new and interesting story for long-established characters. A little digging like that can have great ramifications.

• Members

Not crazy about the actual pairing AT ALL. But it is storyline for them, I suppose. At least we have new writers coming to erase all the bad stuff.

Now then, as far as MBE: FANTASTIC news! I like most of what I'm seeing from the new crew!

Archived