Bewitched on Logo

BKuzak

• Members

Is anybody else watching the mini-marathons of Bewitched on Logo? I'm so loving it because most of the episode I don't remember. I'm sure i've seen them before but it's been YEARS. I love it! My favorite is Serena but Endora comes a very close second. I also love all of Samantha's clothes. During those awful hippie wild colored late 1960's looks, Elizabeth Montgomery brought class to almost all her dresses.

They just yesterday started with episodes of the second Darrin, Dick Sargent. I think both Darrin's were good looking (except at the end of York's run when you could tell he was sick and loosing weight) and i love Dick Sargent for later in life comming out and everything but i'm partial to Dick York. I think his Darrin was funnier and a little more colorful.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watch it late nights on Antenna TV. Elizabeth Montgomery is a goddess and Samantha Stephens deserves a much better husband than Darrin who is the biggest hater who ever hated in the history of hating. I prefer York. He was more neurotic but he really sold it and Sargent is kind of a bore. I hate how they gave David White final billing after Agnes Moorehead in the.final episodes.

• Members

Bewitched has been one of my favorite shows since I was a kid watching it on Nick at Nite. I have the first four seasons on DVD (and will probably stop after season 5, because that was Dick York's last season). Anyone who loves the show as much as I do should watch the wonderful E! True Hollywood Story on the show, or read the book Bewitched Forever, which was written by (to quote the show's ETHS) "Bewitched biographer" Herbie J. Pilato. Seriously, NO ONE, not even me, knows more about this show than he does. He also wrote a biography about Liz called Twitch Upon A Star (which, yes, I do have).

Also, Erin Murphy grew up to look JUST like her TV mom. Obviously, they couldn't have known that when they cast her (along with her twin sister, Diane--they're fraternal twins, and as they grew older they started to look less and less similar--I think Diane wore a blonde wig for awhile when they still needed twins--but once they were old enough, Erin took over full time, while Diane became, I think, her stand-in or something), but WOW, talk about a resemblance. Weirdly enough, her husband's name is Darrin, lol!

• Members

I did thinik Serena was a pre-Niki Smith. They shared the same taste in clothes. LOL

Samantha doesn't remind me of Viki but Endora does remind me a little of Dorian Lord. LOL Not really the clothes most of the time but the way she presents herself as the center of attention and very flamboyant.

I don't have Antenna station and I don't think it's been on Logo that long. I caught it a few weeks ago. Before that, they had Who's the Boss for a breif time. That's why i'm really getting into and enjoying Bewitched now because i don't know if it will stick around for long. It'll probably go "around the block" one more time and then be off. They just recently put on Samantha Who and Just shoot me (like i would watch those shows over Bewitched! I'd rather watch Will & Grace which has been on that channel for well over a year now.)

• Members

I noticed that the first time Serena appeared in the black and white episode when Tabitha was born, she was more of a upper class socialite with the pearls and mink coat etc....when she was brought back a few seasons later, they made her a wild and crazy hippie chick. I guess to make her more hip and with it in stark contrast to Samantha. Elizabeth probably had a ball being able to play such a off the wall fun character.

My favorite Serena episode is where she and Uncle Arthur lose their witchcraft powers and go to work at the ice cream parlor. They were making frozen bananas on a stick and Paul Lynde in his best catty voice told Liz " We don't have time, just throw em to me honey".

Archived