Bewitched on Logo

BKuzak

• Members

From what she said in an interview, Elizabeth was a little bored playing Samantha all the time and that's why she created Serena. Now what could have happend was that since she already played Serena in the episode when Tabatha was born, she just decided to tweek it a little and make her more fun and wild.

I liked the episode where Serena and Endora put a spell on a frumpy girl to make her into a vixon to lure Darrin into an affair. The girls father was furious that his daughter was going after a married man. Of course Samantha knew righty away something was going on so she went off and Serena came and pretended to be Samantha. That was funny because behind Darrin's back she was making kissing faces to the father and just rolling her eyes at Darrin. Then she took the father outback and tried to seduce him (All with Samantha's look.) It was pretty funny.

I also liked the one from the first season where Endora played Samantha. The Audience could see it was Endora because she had the eye make-up, better clothes and the voice was much deeper but it was funny. She ended up meeting a guy and they went everywhere together. Then you found out the guy was a friend of Darrin's and Endora had to tell him that she was married to Darrin. The guy made her say "I love Darrin." It was so funny. then at the end, when Darrin and Samantha had the guy over, Endora ended up comming (As Sam) and said she was Sam's twin sister so the guy didn't continue to think that Samantha was cheating on Darrin.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Bewitched growing up, but I've never really watched it a whole lot in its various runs on Antenna and MeTV. I did watch it somewhat regularly when it was on TV Land again a few years back. Dick York was ridiculously attractive in the black and white episodes. Monochrome was a good look for him. IDK if it was the illness that made him look rather flushed in the color episodes or what, but the difference is noticeable.

• Members

I remember when Bewitched debuted on Nick at Night, it was a week or so after we first got cable. Lord, that must have been... a long time ago. Bewitched and Jeannie really appealed to me as a kid, I loved the magic stuff and the dual roles and all the vivid characters. I watched both shows every day in syndication during elementary school summer vacations. I'm getting back into them now because I'm a night owl, but generally, I'd rather watch later '70s and '80s sitcoms.

• Members

I don't care what anyone says, Dick York was HOT back in the day. Looking back, he was one of my first crushes as a kid; I LOVED his eyes. The story of his later years breaks my heart, but knowing that he continued to contribute to homeless shelters/causes even once he was bedridden eases that a little. I actually bought his autobiography a few years back on Amazon; his co author sent a sweet little handwritten note thanking me for buying the book and talking about her friendship with York. As a huge fan of the show since childhood, that meant a lot to me.

And it has to be said: when the cast members on this show began to die, they dropped like flies. York, Sargent, and Montgomery died within a few years of each other (York: 1992, Sargent: 1994, Montgomery: 1995--hell, throw David White, who played Larry Tate, in there too, he died in 1990), all, except for White, who was 74, in their early 60's (the 20th anniversary of Liz's death is this May 18th), and now, with the exception of the twins who played Tabitha and Adam, the only adult cast member of the show who's still alive is Bernard Fox (Dr. Bombay). I think a lot of it has to do the with the fact that a lot of the actors on the show, outside of the leads, were older by the time they were on the show, but still, once they started to go, they went FAST.

• Members

The Stephenses were always entertaining people or being entertained, and in those days, everyone drank and smoked. That's a difference between BW and IDOJ I guess. Jeannie and Tony usually kept to their circle and didn't have to worry too much about others possibly finding out about Jeannie.

Archived