SON fam I need you

Eric83

• Members
I'm not doing it on Facebook. I thought about it and there are people that are on my Friends list that are messy and will turn the situation left. It's best to leave social media out of the situation. A part of me feels I am overthinking it. When I came out to my brother he said that he already knew. When I came out to my best friend he said he had known for years and that I didn't have to tell him. The buildup is usually scarier than the actual event.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can tell you from experience that you'll never get peace of mind unless you just go ahead and take the advice that you just start bringing him around. It's what I did before my Daniel inevitably took his life( he was bi-polar and had a lot of problems long before I came along). I showed up with him to get togethers, family gatherings and people just started accepting it. Those that don't, to be honest, weren't truly in my corner in the first place. As for your Mom, if she's anything like mine, you'll never win. Just leave a little space as a buffer, moms love us regardless...(but they make it clear what they want to know: That you are well). Beyond that, you can't live your life for other people (after being closeted until I was 38, sneaking around), you just need to be able to be happy. Since this guy makes you happy, that's all that truly matters. Good luck, and if you need someone to talk to, there are obviously plenty of us here. I hope things work out.

• Members
LMAO. It all sounds so bad when I typed it all out but it honestly doesn't affect my day to day. This thread started because my boyfriend thinks I won't be a better communicator and open up until I stop hiding things from my family. We'll see though.

• Members

All I can say is, do and be whatever makes you happiest. Because, at the end of the day, that's really all that counts.

Aside from that, please know you have my support and love. Keep on keepin' on. :)

• Members

You better listen to your bae!

*sighs*

I need to find me a bae. But I want a man older than me. I can't date down. Men mature too slow for me. Thirty-six is my age cut off [as I am 26].

You can still have children. I hate when people toss that in our faces. We can do insemination or adopt. Hell, there is a scientific breakthrough that same sex couples might be able to have children together in the near future.

http://www.newsweek.com/biological-babies-same-sex-parents-possibility-after-stem-cell-breakthrough-309453

• Members
Oh yeah I understand. I was just referencing the first post and how I decided to rule that out. No worries :) Yeah I have a friend who volunteered to carry a child for me if I wanted but I don't know about that. I think when it comes down to it I will adopt.

• Members

If and when you tell you parents, don't do what I did and be confrontational. I sat my Mom down in '94 when I was 17, and tried to calmly tell her I was gay, but couldn't muster the courage to say the words, and basically accused her of already knowing "what was wrong with me". She didn't take too kindly to my way of telling her, and blamed herself for being over protective and locked herself in her bathroom. My Dad woke up asked what the hell I did to her and when I told him, he said "Oh, I knew that already. Why did you pick the middle of the night to tell her?"

These many years later, they are my biggest supporters and love my hubs as one of their own. Good luck and know you have tons of support here!

Archived