No thread for Leonard Nimoy? Huh?

ChitHappens

• Members

What a unique man he was. MeTV paid homage to him big time. LN appeared in so many shows back in the 70s. I had a field day watching him. Hell, even saw Eric Braden in Gunsmoke.

RIP Leonard!

Daytime, this is for you:

RIP Dr. Spock. His saying 'Without followers Evil cannot spread 'Resonates today

346523.2.jpg

0 replies211 retweets333 favorites
Retweeted211
Favorited333
More

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was a status update we used.

Nice of her to tweet.

It's a shame certain people made it all about William Shatner and his not going to the funeral, and overshadowed Leonard's death.

Typical social media mouthbreathers.

• Members

I held it together watching him on the shows. It was the Me-TV memorial montage that got me crying. sad.png

And shame on the media and people raking William Shatner over the coals. Those two knew what they meant to each other and nobody has the right to throw stones like that. The loss of his friend must hurt more than what the fans who never met Leonard feel (and I'm one of them, although I did meet Leonard once). Bill spent 2 hours on Twitter yesterday talking about Leonard and answering the fans' questions.

I keep thinking about the commentary that Bill & Leonard did for the ST: IV DVD, after DeForest Kelley had passed. They remarked about how it felt to see De "alive" again and younger and Bill, in particular, spoke rather poignantly about how it is to have this medium of film where you can see people who have passed on be alive again and in their prime, years after they're gone. He also remarked how the same thing would happen to them, how these images would be around after they were gone. I imagine Bill has been dealing with his own sense of mortality for some time.

In the Star Trek Online game, to which Leonard lent his voice, we've been gathering our avatars at Vulcan for the last few days. The game developers are going to create a memorial for him in the game.

star_trek_online_tribute_spock_nimoy-600

• Members

Leonard also went to bat for Don Marshall (Lt. Boma) during shooting of The Galileo Seven:

Leonard Nimoy noticed I wasn’t very happy. He came over and said, ‘What’s the matter, Don?” I told him, “Bob wants me to play this like a James Dean type of character, and this character is an astrophysicist. It’s not going to work and it’s really driving me crazy.” Leonard said, “OK, I’ll tell you what. You go ahead and play the character the way you see it and I’ll handle the director.” I said, “Whooah, OK.” He actually did that, and the director said nothing else to me after that as far as what I was doing. Because of Leonard Nimoy interceding like that, it gave me all the freedom in the world, and if you see the scenes between Leonard and I, they sparkled. Whenever it’s us, it’s big and alive and honest. You just can’t get that kind of thing. At least I’d never had it until then. So it was because of Leonard Nimoy that show came out so strong.

• Members

Joan Collins ruined her own tweet.   Dr Spock tells you how to raise babies.   Nice sentiment, poor execution.

I love this scene wih Spock and his mother

and this is a great scene with Nurse Chapel at the 5 minute mark

I also love the episode where he has to go to Vulcan to mate, the Galileo Seven episode, the episode where he falls for the Romulan Commander, and of course the episode where he has a beard.

• Members

I've found myself re-watching episodes of "In Search Of..." I always loved hearing "Hello. I'm Leonard Nimoy."

He was so perfect on Fringe. The cartoon episode was an inspired way to have him being a continued presence even as he was having health issues and I will always be grateful for it.

Archived