GH promo: Fluke has a mask!

• Members

Guza never wrote any stories. He can't even construct a story usually, and he and his dialogue writers were dreadfully consistent in their incompetence. Stories under Guza were actually anti-stories where nothing happened and two people share scenes where they discuss the state of their couplehood or recap what they said yesterday. There was never point A to point B in his stories and no plot progression ever. I can't even think what stories Carly starred in. I know she was pregnant a lot, I know Lorenzo liked her, but two characters liking each other is not a story. Neither is being pregnant. She was on every day for ten years and you got me what stories she appeared in. Same for Sonny and Jason.

RC presents a villain, they have a scheme, we have heroes, and then the plots unfold from point A to B to C until the story is over. It's a story, maybe not one anybody on this particular site likes, but a story nevertheless. The Luke thing is more of a story than anything Laura Wright or Steve Burton starred in under Guza. I think Guza's idea of a story for Carly was she was pregnant and read magazines.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's wrong with plot? I will take all plot all the time vs years of Sonny or Alexis or Liz just sitting around in no energy, dull two person scenes discussing the current state of their coupledom. No talent Rick Hearst, No talent Ted King, constant discussing of Sonny by everyone in town, Carly and Courtney, years of Sam whispering and crying....give be rubber masks any day of that crap.

• Members
+ 4

This trainwreck doesn't even feel like GH, at least with Guza, even though he was dark and had a hard on for all things Sonny/Jason/Carly, you felt like you were seeing GH. He kept most of the GH writers from previous regimes unlike Carlivati who fired everyone and brought in the worst of his OLTL crew

• Members

Thats bogus. Billy Warlock, Constance Towers, John Ingle...many actors came on GH and actually possessed even the slightest bit of charisma and TV presence, and consequently they shined. Nobody is more one dimensional than Helena, and yet she is fun. The fact that Rick Hearst and Ted King were as riveting as corpses in the morgue is entirely the byproduct of their own screen presence.

Guza proved you don't. He didn't tell one in 15 years.

• Members

I HATE Guza but I am sorry. He told stories. Stories I didn't like [and were one-sided] but he told him. At least his stories had a beginning, middle, and end. Ron's stories begin just fine, lose steam and meaning in the middle, and the ending is sh*t. No one takes away anything. No one tries to improve themselves. There's no growth. I haven't seen ONE character grow on this show since RC took over. Not in the slightest.

Archived