GH promo: Fluke has a mask!

• Members

Guza drove me away from the show. But he and his team had several plotted stories. Some of them were awful, some were events tucked between 2 or 3 months of dialogue heavy scenes, but they did tell stories. Off the top of my head...

Tony Jones spent two years going crazy.

Sonny/Brenda/Jax

The Liz rape through jackson's leaving the show the first time around was one entire story.

Robin and Patrick's relationship.

Sonny and Carly ending up together, and michael.

The entire fight for Michael.

Dillon and Georgie's relationship and Tracy being against it.

The dreadful Emily rapeby they Nikolas lookalike.

The Balkan.

That's just off the top of my head. Guza had lots of meandering and wasted time, and I just hated what GH became under his work, but the guy did write stories.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didn't she also pen Lucky finding out Luke raping Laura? And what is she? The rape story penning guru? I know that she experienced rape herself as she said it in an interview, but do all the head writers come to her when they want a rape story penned? She has so many other talents as well. I'll always LOVE MVJ for creating Gia along with Gia/Nik romance AND Gia/Liz rivalry. I enjoyed GH at that time.

• Members

Someone mentioned scrubs getting together as a story. Thinking back, I recall Jenny and Greg and what they went through, Nina and Cliff, Robert and Holly, the drama around Tina and Cord, even Belle and Shawn. Patrick and Robin fought over a couch. This was their so-called story. They went on PA systems and bickered.

These are the lauded stories of Guza apparently, while RC's stories of villains kidnapping Luke or Faison and Jerry holding Robin are not stories, merely plot points? How can anyone take such a position seriously? Now bickering is a story with a beginning, middle and end?

• Members
Um, what's wrong with PLOT? You lose character depth. You lose relatability. You lose credibility. I'm glad you enjoy the masks and the cartoon villains. This show under Ron's pen could really be as good as you think it is. But it isn't.

And stop thinking if fans don't like RC that they want Guza back. That.Is.NOT.The.Case. Again, that is NOT the case.

• Members

Also, both classic Monty era and Labine had plenty of chatacter within their plots. Let's not forget even the Ice Princess led to Robert Scorpio and Luke and Laura getting married.

RC is all plot all the time. A lot of the character moments are talked about as in happened off screen and he drives the plot so much character is lost. I watched one entire episode last week and other than the Carly and Michael scenes the rest were snarky between all the characters. With better script writers he would have a more ideal show. Scripts illuminating character while also moving the plot forward. Plus maybe some of the beats that are dropped would show up on screen.

But I cannot deny that when i do tune in I am more engaged than I was during the last four years of JFP's era, and the ratings don't lie. The show is up in viewers.

Archived