B&B - December 2014 Thread

• Members

KM was awesome with LG - those two really have a fun chemistry - they always have. You get the sense at times that they are holding back from cracking up. I thinking Caroline getting preggers by Ridge creates a lot more havoc on the canvas than Mimosa/Rick - though I do hope they have a kid. Caroline/Ridge kid impact everyone on canvas. Rick/Mimosa - only directly impacts Caroline - guaranteed Brooke has a FAR different reaction to Ridge getting Caroline pregnant than Mimosa giving her a grandchild. Same with Bill and Spencer clan. Honestly, I think they are going to there and that's OK.

I also like that Rick isn't bedhopping (so far) in this triangle. It would add a big ick factor that really isn't needed. I really do dig JY and how well he plays Rick's conflicts - he has done a great job of deepening the character. This is S/L is such a trade-up from Liam/Hope/Wyatt.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DEAD at Caroline using the word "thirst" when she was calling out Mildred. These two have SUCH good rival chemistry. Great storyline. Poor Caroline is being made out to look like a fool and she doesnt even know it

I wish Eric woudlnt take Rick at face value and would instead be a bit more inquisitive about why he's acting so desperate for this paper to be signed

• Members

i will jump onto the Maya/Caroline bandwagon. I hope they have more scenes with plenty of banter.

Also I hope for plenty more bathtub scenes for JY wub.png

I want to see Eric add in that Rick can retain CEO if he stays married to Caroline for the whole year. Poor Maya would have to play the mistress even longer. wink.png

....if Carter keeps going shirtless around Ridge as much as he has lately, Caroline might not have to worry about Ridge coming after her. tongue.png

• Members

Actually, Mimosa used 'thirsty' first and then it was great to have Caroline use it as well. Clearly, someone is paying attention to the boards and is giving us what we want. BTW - I have noticed that they are dressing KM in a far more sophisticated way - right out of Kerry Washington's closet. It's a good choice considering she is lead model. I'm glad they are writing both KM/LG as balanced rivals - they both get in zingers, but also truth - like Caroline saying that it Mimosa set this in motion and Mimosa saying if she hadn't been kissing 'old' Ridge.... It's fun and the entire foursome is written so that we can emotionally connect or at least relate to all of them. What really kept this from being some tawdry mess - the history between Ridge/Rick as well as Mimosa's original love for Rick and how she lost him by being the 'good' girl. It is not surprising that Mimosa learned that she has to fight for what she wants.

Regarding Eric - Rick called him out correctly - Eric DOES favor Ridge and this hesitation only validates Rick's feelings. For the first time in I don't know how many years, I actually am enjoying JMcC's work. I think it's a further example that when you have solid actors, if you give them an interesting S/L, they can shine. The best thing to happen to B&B has been the loss of RM, SF, KM and KKL (temporarily) - it has forced them to look to other talent and so far they have had many more hits than misses.

BTW - I wonder how Brooke will respond when Rick eventually reveals that Eric blackmailed him into taking Caroline back. I think that could lead to some interesting scenes between Eric and Brooke. As a romantic, she will be appalled. No way would she condone that.

• Members

The writing is actually bigger that it used to be 10 or 20 years ago but the head writing team (in regards to associate head writers) is smaller.

Kay Alden left more than a year ago, ever since Brad Bell is sole HW, Michael Minnis is sole co-head writer (more in the associated head writer capacity though) with Patrick Mulcahey serving as story consultant.

Script writers are (in rank of seniority) John F. Smith, Tracy Ann Kelly, Rex. M Best, Patrick Mulcahey, Shannon B. Bradley (Brad Bell's sister-in-law), Adam Dusevoir, Michelle Val Jean and on occasion Mark Pinciotti

There have been no additions to the writing team since 2012. The staff has been extremely consistent.

• Members

You tell me! 2014 was the best B&B has been since 2002? 2000? or 1995?

There were some ups and downs but overall it was FANTASTIC classic soap full of twists, great love triangles, lush location shoots and some wonderful acting moments. It missed THE legendary scene (although Ivy being into the Seine comes close to those standards.. LMAO) to make it a stand-out but the show was really consistent. And we haven't this diverse stories in more than a decade. I never expected any soap to pull that kind of material of in this day and time.

Major kudos to Rena Sofer for being scene stealer of the year. Karla Mosley was having the ball of her life and hopefully will continue to with Thirsty-May vs. Caroline. Sean Kanan, while his looks have been better, is still a major asset to this show and it's great to have him back. The medieval games with Aly, Oliver, Pam and Charlie as well as GhostDarla were a camp-stand-out. Kim Matula worked her little butt of to front-run on this show and while Hope was medicare interesting at best, Matula made it work to some extent with her scene partners. Finally, some of the glory probably wouldn't have been possible without Katherine Kelly Lang taking some time of. It was breeze of fresh and now I'm really ready for Brooke to bring swanky a$$ back to town. Let's hope for a truly BOLD 2015 in L.A.!

• Members

What a solid NYE episode - LG really channeled Caroline's pain, insecurities and frustration so well. OMG at Carter in his tight shirt going back to the office to review the contract and spilling all to his bro - that turned out to be a good unexpected friendship, which I've noticed that B&B has amp'd up this year - Aly & Ivy, Pam being friends with the younger set, Ridge/Carter, etc. Not every scene has to be with a couple/relative. Characters like Liam, Wyatt & Hope really could've used 'friends' that add depth to their characters. Instead, it was either a combo of the three or with parents - like Bill, Quinn. At a minimum, I'd like to see Caroline rely on her cousins as friends since they are in the same age group. Caroline/Ivy started, but clearly that's going to be awkward because Ivy knows secret.

Archived