Y&R: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good point, because CW did have a much stronger personality, and I could just see her and Phyllis having a real session going back and forth with insults. CM's version of Kelly is truly like a different person, and she does come off as whiney. Nothing against McClain as an actress, but this is a character that didn't need to be recast after Watros left the show. JMO

• Members

Today was pretty good. I enjoyed Phyllis messing with Sharon a bit. Those scenes were well done by both actresses. Also interesting that Phyllis doesn't seem to blame Sharon for her fall, unless she's lying about that of course.

Nikki hiding in the bathroom with her vodka. laugh.png

Dylan and Victoria having a brother/sister chat was pretty nice too.

• Members

I've made it through four whole damn episodes without dying. No fast-forwarding, no skipping. CONGRATULATE ME!

I'm enjoying Phyllis & her return immensely. It makes me sad GT isn't Victoria but at least Phyllis doesn't make me want to scratch my eyes out anymore. Even Jack is more tolerable & interesting as a romantic lead as a consequence (just a tad. Let's not get crazy. Although Bergman looks damn fine).

A love potion? A fracking love potion? My God. That's their idea of a business story. Keep stooping lower, Y&R!

People on Y&R now do business at the park, the coffee shop, the street... anywhere but, you know, the two separate office buildings that they have (or are supposed to, anyways). Makes sense.

I don't think OldMan Billy is a bad actor, nor is he bad looking. But nothing, I mean nothing, about him or his dialogue/writing comes off as Billy at all. He could have easily played Jack's brother.

Everytime Victoria shows up, the show's energy/interest sinks extremely low (and that's saying something). Again, it is SO painful watching her. Even when she mentioned Eve (which never fails to get me emotional because, you know, it was at a better time with a much better actress), I couldn't feel anything. Nada. At least she makes everyone else look better.

I'll probably regret saying this but I'm excited about Michael's cancer (if they do go there). LeBlanc hasn't been good in forever but, hell, maybe he'll wake up for this story.

rolleyes.gif at a sting operation with Nikki, Paul, Dylan... ugh. "Dylan is such a good son" UGH. Die, Douchelan. At least Joe Clark is one fine man.

Victor's intense hate and sh!t-talking of Sharon is suffocating. Excruciatingly painful to see the destruction of that relationship, no matter how many years pass. I just can't and won't ever get used to it. Case was phenomenal in her scenes with Madame Isadora. She played them exactly how I would imagine a real person reacting to that situation. No matter how horrible the writing for her, Case always delivers.

Devon & Hilary GOT IT. They just do. Which is probably why they're stuck in such a horrid story. St. John's blind acting is unintentional comedy.

Lily, STFU.

Kevin, DIE.

Dylan, DIE.

Nikki, DRINK, BITCH.

Cane, STFU. And DIE.

Archived