Y&R: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

We see this the same way. I'd love to have Lily and Cane divorce. They can get back together, but it's time to connect the Winter's to one of the other main families again. The problem is she no longer will fit with Billy and that would have been a decent short term choice a couple of years ago. Even Nick is too old for her, although maybe that could work. Cane certainly isn't a spring chicken.

I like Devon too and I'm kind of sorry that he's betraying Neil, but if John could forgive Jack back in the day, Neil can forgive Devon.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why is that old goat Victor, at 73 years old, wearing plunging v-necks?

lol at MTS refusing to let Braeden have the last line of the scene. "You have fun at your appointment." "I will!"

Scenes like Victor discovering Nikki's alcoholics anonymous flyer is when the lack of classic Y&R cues becomes even more obvious & jarring. Scenes like that would last for minutes and work because the music just made them so interesting and appealing.

Is it really so difficult to figure out Ashley posted Stitch's bail? It'll lead to nasty lab sex.

Steve Burton and Amelia Heinle carrying their own scenes rolleyes.gif Spare me. But YES at Joe actually planning to screw Dylan over. As long as they don't have anything happen to Crimson Lights.

Of course Phyllis would be willing to let her 'antipathy' towards Sharon go... all the better for when she learns the truth, right?

You honestly think Cane & Lily will be broken up? LOL

Jill sighting on the next episode!

• Members
Noah. It's past time to take him out of Nick's shadow and I think a pairing with Lily and "the twins" would be just the thing to make a man out of him. It wouldn't have to be some long term pairing just as you suggested. But enough to time to make Noah a full character that does more than hold his mother's hand and baby sit Faith. And if they take off, which I think they will for many reasons, keep them and let Cane go. He and Collin are both past their expiration date.

I don't like that Devon is betraying Neil either. But that can easily be spun. "Hilary is the tramp that seduced him and Devon is gullible"...Neil won't alow his son to be taken in by her. That's what I expect lily's take will be anyway.

• Members

While I am not CKs biggest fan I can't knock her success as Lily in the romance department. None of her pairings were flops. Even Tyler and Lily had buzz and seemed well recieved before the cries of racism that ended the Tyler character.

And that's sad. Noah shouldn't be an afterthought.

• Members

I really do not get that. Cute guy. Decent perfomer. Lame pairing. But there is so much opportunity for story. He could catch Nikki drinking and keep her secret. Love his and Mariah's interaction. Develop their bond. (Did I miss Mariah's reaction to Ian's capture?)

• Members

What cries of racism? I didin't hear any cries of racism. I thought they just dropped the Leslie, (her new husband) and Tyler characters like they do. Probably to make more screen time for the Neil/Hilary/Devon vortex of suck.

The only reaction I saw was when she was in the Underground with Kevin and she told him that now Ian's gone he doesn't have to follow her around anymore. This show has no follow through with the storylines.

Noah could easily take Kevin's place in Mariah's life. Noah and Mariah are brother and sister and Kevin and Mariah might as well be.

• Members
You must have missed the Lane fans attacking McDaniel, Kent, Griffith, and RW on twitter saying it was racist that Lily would leave Cane for Tyler...and calling Tyler a thug. Something they persist in doing to this day. Tyler was taken out of Lane's orbit and put on the back burner with Abby. RW went from top 10 in episode counts for the month to barely on. And yes, AC/Leslie was shelved to try KSJ with the latest black female on canvas in hopes it would finally be the pairing to take off. The pairing flopped before they even made it on screen. No many wanted that and rejected them from their first interview with Michael Logan. Hence we have the SL of suck. If Neil and Hilary had been even halfway well received they would not have played this affair element with Devon. No way.

• Members

I've been trying really hard to enjoy this show now that Gina Tognoni is on (as I will always be a fan from her OL days) but it's tough! I enjoy Phyllis and her fiery side and I think GT has good chemistry with JM and PB. She's a rare high point for me though.

I'm glad Ashley is back. I find myself oddly liking Summer and Austin which I never thought would happen.

But:

The Neil/Hilary/Devon story is dragging on way too long. I've gotten so I just don't care anymore.

Jack and Kelly I will never understand other than they were trying to find a spot for Cady but this character is not a good fit.

I see that they are trying to rewrite Stitch so that he is a good guy but I wish they'd get rid of his whole family instead! What is their purpose?

The new Billy I find annoying and can't wait for Adam to come back for Chelsea!

Abby is the most annoying character in tv history..well...maybe not most...but close.

Jill should be on more...without Colin.

• Members
I believe both actors are no longer with the show. RW was just recently dropped from contract, and aside from that night of Nick and Sharon's Bachelor/ette parties, Tyler hasn't been visible. The last time we saw Leslie she was telling Avery about leaving the firm, and going after some DA position. They gave her a husband that she met online, but never followed through with the story. Since both characters haven't been around in a long time, and the show has brought in so many newbies.....I believe they're gone.

Archived