Y&R: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
In recent years Y&R with an exception or two, has an aversion of casting tween/teen actors. There's also a portion of the Y&R fandom that don't want actors in that age cast as well. I thought tween/teen actors was one of the few bright spots of the last couple of years of ATWT and OLTL.

I agree with Summer being SORASed too fast. She's only 3 years older than Faith. Reed should be SORAS to at least 12-15 years old. Nick and Sharon were going to have adult children anyway because they had their kids when they were young.

• Members

I have to say, the fact that Camryn Grimes is such a success with this Mariah character just highlights how stupid it was to kill off Cassie and how short sighted that story eventually was.

Yes, Mariah is completely different from Cassie and has probably been shoehorned in with some bad storytelling, but she's filling in a void for the Newman's that's been missing for several years. She's made Nick, Sharon, and even Victor somewhat watchable again. I don't know how much of that is down to Grimes or down the character, though.

• Members

Abby is supposed to be small and cute..this is the way she was written..this

Abby is tall and annoying but not in a good way the way Marcy portrayed her and folks THIS Abby is wearing the clothes designed for Marcy and they barely cover her butt. Jack needs to tell Phyllis about Kelly..cannot wait for the rath of Phyllis.

• Members

I like Devon storyline because it's about him, & he can carry it.

If they don't want to keep hiring color guys for vanilla Lily, they better find away to keep Tyler. Almost with Tyler doesn't count as her dating a black man. I mean Tyler didn't even get a chance to do what Billy and her did. Kevin, (2)Daniel, (2)Cane, and Billy.

I think they aged all these kids too fast. Especially Kyle & Abby they suppose to be 14 or something. Adam should be at least in his early twenties.

• Members

And now TIIC have you right where they want you! Hevon will be served up to the fans once the viewers are long past caring. I read on Twitter that Devon suggest they continue the affair? That's just sleazy. This young beautiful vibrant pairing destroyed - the power of Neil/KSJ! You want a promising AA female destroyed, throw her directly into KSJ's orbit (VR was too good to be wiped out by him). Hillary is trash, and there's not one rootable person in this mess, and once again, viewers rooting for a young black couple get the shaft!

Hevon was not supposed to be popular and HIllary was not supposed to take the viewers' attention away from the white "leads", Chelsea, Victoria, Avery, etc. Devon will go back to being on twice a month with a love interest who shows up about 4 times a year!

And look, Khalil gets another non black love interest? She's probably moist as !@#$%^&*] right now!

• Members
I don't think them girls have anything to do with it. It's not like Hilary is playing in their story lines. I think it have something to do with a non black actress, who wanted Hilary to stop outshining her. & plus she want Devon to go back to be the co star in her storyline. These clowns in charge keep listening to her.

Don't get me started on how moist she get when she sees pale skinned white boys.

• Members

Lily was popular under a different actress. Just like CK didn't like the praises that actress was getting when she played Lily. I'm sure she doesn't like Hilary actress neither for getting the same amount of praises. Especially when some posters was like she should have came on as Lily.

Archived