Y&R: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'll miss Leslie, but not Tyler. Yes, Tyler was hot, but he was a terrible actor, imo. Not worse than Abby (MO), but still bad.

As for Noah, I've realized what the problem is for me. The actor has no screen presence or charisma, even MO has more of those things, even though I'd argue he's the better actor. Still, it's a deadly problem in an actor and especially one that is supposed to be a Newman heir. He's completely forgettable. That's my take on it at least.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RW wasn't the best actor, but I do feel if they did more with Tyler he could've improved. They ruined the character hooking him up with Abby, and having them fighting over Mariah all the time. As for Noah, they clearly aren't even trying with him. Give him a real storyline that's more than a sounding board for Mom, and a love interest that's more than a day player. I honestly believe they don't want Noah to get more attention than sexy Daddy, Nick, and that's why he feels like a background character instead of a Newman heir. JMO

RW wasn't the best actor, but I do feel if they did more with Tyler he could've improved. They ruined the character hooking him up with Abby, and having them fighting over Mariah all the time. As for Noah, they clearly aren't even trying with him. Give him a real storyline that's more than a sounding board for Mom, and a love interest that's more than a day player. I honestly believe they don't want Noah to get more attention than sexy Daddy, Nick, and that's why he feels like a background character instead of a Newman heir. JMO

• Members

• Members

I do think that most people can improve with the help of an acting coach. Not every soap actor has to be a master, they just have to be able to deliver their lines naturally. Neither Tyler nor Abby could do that, but I agree that with work that might have improved. Even now, MO is better than when she started.

I don't think they really have to worry about Noah getting more attention than Nick unless they actually recast with a sexy actor. Part of the problem is that they aged the character too much. Now he can't really have typical soap stories without making great grandparents of Nikki and Victor. They could have worked around that by making the character gay, but here we are.

• Members

The Jabot lab is nice? My God. It looks like sh!t! What is with the depressing grey everywhere? All the swinging doors? The name Abbott and Jabot and Lab plastered everywhere just in case what? We don't know what it is we're looking at? Spare me. I'm just hoping I'll get used to it. :rolleyes:

AAAAH my lovely Jill, looking so nice, and they managed to work in some shade towards Katherine. But did she really just tell Billy that the only woman he's ever really loved is Victoria? VICTORIA? Excuse me while I go and barf out the entire contents of my stomach. BRB.

Chelsea letting Billy go & loving him JUST as Adam is coming back is such manipulative, horrid, unconvincing writing. Such irony is always a great staple of soap opera (and drama in general) but you have to make it convincing. You have to sell it and you have to make the audience like it so much that they don't care how convenient the timing is.

ZOMFG La Queen Diva Sullivan is herrreeeeeee. The way she looked up IT'S A WRAP SHUT DOWN PRODUCTION GIVE HER THE DAMN EMMY NOW! Shivers and Goosebumps galore!

Kevin whining whining whining and shoving his nose into Michael's business. So what else is new?

• Members

Exactly. Nick is still played as the young stud Newman heir. There is no place for Noah on canvas if Nick, at 40, is still in that role. They did the same with Neil and Devon for years. It's past time for Nick to relinquish that title just like it has been way past time time for Neil to stop being paired with women under 30.

• Members

I don't think Noah was aged too quickly at all. He was born onscreen in 1997 so that would have made him about 17 real time. The chatacter is said to be 21. That's not a big difference. The problem is that #YR is focused on "mature leads". This leaves folks like PB's Jack playing a stud in the prime of his life having shirtless love scenes every other week. He and Kelly just almost had passionate couch sex in his office. come on...ridiculousl.

• Members

IMO Tyler was the only man that Lily's had chemistry with ever. I guess CK can thank her fans for keeping her in a box with Cane and never letting her explore acting in a relationship with other screen partners. I actually think the woman has talent but she does the same scenes over and over again with Cane and Neil.

Archived