GH: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

The Maxie/Nathan date scenes were, shockingly, some of the best simple, everyday soap material I have seen on this show in ages. They just sat there for reasonably long scenes talking about their lives, their pasts, their work and their goals. It was easily the most I've ever liked Ryan Paevey with KS, even though I don't think they're right together for a long-term pairing. He seemed at ease and was charming.

It makes sense that they would then sink those good scenes (and Julian and Alexis's own recent ones, which weren't bad) by following it up with the ridiculous plot point of the judge horning in on their date, and yesterday's bit with Julian revealing a new obsession with The Golden Girls.

Also: Sonny was right about Carly and Franco, and I thought Laura Wright and MB played a lot of that well - especially Wright saying she "wanted" to love Franco - and a lot of those scenes pre and post-coitus were well-written. But that doesn't make their complete lack of understanding of or interest in what they have done to Michael any less disgusting. I can't count the amount of times over the years I have heard Sonny say that "[X] is something I'll have to live with for the rest of my life." But you always do, don't you, Sonny? And you never pay for it. It's just a rote phrase to him now. And I have little faith that, beyond the inevitable big scenes when this all comes out - which I'm sure will be good - after that immediate moment, Sonny and Carly will not pay for what they have done, will never understand it or acknowledge that, hey, we were wrong about Michael, Sonny was wrong to kill A.J., A.J. did not deserve it, we have completely torched Michael's life.

And some of their myopia is built-in - as characters, it would make sense for both of them to only ever be so at peace with Michael and A.J. That is who they are. They grudgingly accepted it at best last year, and that worked. But A.J. is dead and Sonny killed him for nothing, and they have to come to terms with the reality of that as opposed to the excuses and the mild self-pity.

Meanwhile, they have been moving way too fast on Patrick and Sam ever since Crichton-Clark. I like them together, but the writing suddenly went into overdrive as Ron tries to beat feet to November sweeps. They've had a few decent conversations about themselves and how they've changed, how Patrick saw Jason, etc. But it's not enough, and it didn't go into the nitty-gritty - the [!@#$%^&*] Sam did to Jason, the way she blithely accepted his mob life. Plus, the scenes were too overtly sexualized, coming after their first makeout session on Sam's couch.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Silas fired her. Nina told her she still had a job (whore herself out to Michael) and when Nina refused to do that, Nina pretty much fired her too. She left saying she still knows all of Nina's secrets. Not sure I get that tweet as she wasn't exactly thrown under the bus. Her final scene was trying to confess to Morgan, only to find Ava about to give birth

• Members

Please let this be the end of Rosalie. She wore out her welcome within a week or two of first airing. (Nina was even faster, but she is now Roger Howarth's last hope so we'll get months more of those two.)

• Members

I have a feeling NLG was trying to be cute, given the controversy over gay actors playing straight roles (some in the media insist gay actors should stay closeted because audiences will never believe them in straight roles otherwise). She just doesn't seem to realize how stupid and forced her comments are.

As for Tyler's hair - it's too short at the sides.

• Members

I'm pretty sure she's still taping. But I'm LMAO at the idea of someone coming into stir up trouble, seeing how it's not worth it with all the rest of the batshit nuttiness around here, and bolting town, aka the only one who's smart enough to leave such a "dramatic town." It would be very meta.

• Members

What secrets? Nina has not done anything but write and talk about a damn list. Nina should have been causing major damage from that wheelchair while framing Sam. Nothing happened with that, but I guess since the character is a colossal failure, I could see the rush to try and get that wretch in a pairing that might work.

• Members

Nina did break up Silas and Sam. That was about it.

They are clearly trying to make her and Franco over into Dollar Tree Todd and Blair to salvage Roger, but they just don't have it - while Laura Wright played off him well as Todd in a sort of recycled version of the story IMO, the only actress who was ever able to distinguish herself with Howarth within that persona of his but outside of that bubble was the great Florencia Lozano. Stafford is too focused on herself and her crazy business onscreen to dovetail to anyone, and even if she could, Howarth as Franco is a disaster all its own. As it stands, it's just two overwrought hams acting! at each other, with manufactured spontaneity and horrid material that misguidedly thinks it is playing to "their strengths."

I think Nina will do something with Ava's baby for the umpteenth baby story of the last two years, but I have already stopped caring and it hasn't even happened yet.

• Members

I think Sam brought it up to Silas, but Silas being the douche he is, wouldn't even consider it.

Nina also trashed Silas' apartment in the spring, which leads to the question----was she behind Madeline's plot to frame Silas for Nina's "murder"?

• Members

Nope, sure didn't.

I still don't get what we're supposed to think about this. She must have been awake long before we saw her wake up on air in June in order to smash up the apartment...so I guess she just goes back to the hospital to sleep because it's more comfortable there or some [!@#$%^&*]?! Sigh.

• Members

That looks like a haircut someone from an "edgy" alien tribe would have worn on Star Trek about 25-30 years ago. I think it's too young for him.

It's just not right for his head. It makes his head huge and the top doesn't match the sides.

Archived