Riot erupting in St. Louis after police shooting of Ferguson youth

alphanguy74

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Two cops dead and some people simply post about what unrelated bad apples do and say, "that's a shame, but who cares?"

Yet when the shoe is on the other foot, those commenting are all right-wing racists.

There are such things as left-wing racists and malcontents and they're all coming out of the woodwork on FB and Twitter and Instagram celebrating this tragedy.

I'm out. Sticking to the shows section from here on out.

RIP to Officer Liu and Officer Ramos and prayers to their families.

• Members

I compared your simpleminded cherry picking to a game. You want to play pick and choose then pivot and cry when called out for it.

You don't want to grieve these officers, you want to use their deaths to advance an agenda. Don't pretend that you're taking the high road when using dead cops as talking points.

• Members

No. I live in Cleveland. Where yet another bad cop killed an unarmed person on video (then lied about it) and where, God willing, we won't be so morally bankrupt as to let that cop walk the way NYC (technically Staten Island living down to its reputation) did. And BTW, this is a national issue so your NIMBYism is just another example of the short-sightedness that causes these problems. I visit NY frequently to see friends and family and I care very much whether they are being watched over by Daniel Pantaleo and his ilk.

Of course, the fact that you've pivoted to ad hominem attacks pretty much shows that you've run out of steam and it's starting to get a little sad so how about we call it quits? I have to leave for a protest in an hour.

• Members

Marceline, woman you have more strength than me, God bless you! And you too Eric! It is absolutely comical how the actions of one psychopath, who had nothing to do with the No Jusitice No Peace movement are being used to demonize black people, the protesters and anyone who has shown support. The blame being placed on Obama, Al Sharpton, and de Blassio because of this nutjob deciding to kill is absolutely disgusting. I'm sure the media will continue harping on this for weeks and the police will use it as an excuse to exert more force during protests, hell I already saw the Police Union talking about how they were now in "wartime". This situation didn't even happen at a damn protest but its already being used to derail and distract from the real problem. I'm just so done with being sh!t on in this country. Constantly told my life, my struggles and my people don't matter. I hope the shooter is rotting in hell.

• Members

Back from my protest which was really just a prayer vigil at the park where Tamir Rice was shot.

Standing there in front of the gazebo filled with candles, toys and notes, I couldn't help but think I was standing on the place where an innocent child was shot dead by a bad cop. Then I looked at the other people there. The group was probably 50/50 black and non-black (meaning white/latino/Asian/Middle Eastern). They also ranged in age from teens to old lefties who were probably at Woodstock.

It was a nice remedy to some of the stuff I read in this thread and other places on the internet.

As do I. On top of killing innocent people, he did so much damage to an important cause.

• Members

What do you think happened there? I'm asking for your opinion, since I'm not sure what to make of it. Do you think the officer legit believe the kid had a gun, but screwed up in how he handled it? Or are you thinking he just saw black kid and decided to kill when he would have taken a different approach with a white kid or...?

• Members

I think that he was someone who had no business with a badge or gun. For all the talk of bad cops vs. good, I consider the Independence police officer who went on record about Loehmann's issues to be a good cop because he was willing to call out a bad cop.

I don't know what he was thinking when he showed up. The dispatcher didn't mention that the 911 caller said the gun was probably a toy. But the evidence shows that the cops lied about the circumstances that day. They claimed Tamir had been in a crowd of people. He wasn't. They claimed that they asked him to drop the gun three times. The video shows that they drove up and shot him within two seconds. This cop shot a kid, refused to give him first aid as he bled to death then lied about the circumstances of the shooting.

I can acknowledge the differences in perception on the Michael Brown case. But there's no excuse for the deaths of Eric Garner or Tamir Rice.

Archived