The Jeffersons..complete series coming out on dvd

Soapsuds

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marla had a clause in her contract that she'd get to return to The Jeffersons if Checking In failed (wise!). I was so little at the time and didn't read entertainment news and I'm curious about how Norman Fell and Audra Lindley reacted to the cancellation of their spin-off. Was their discussion about them returning to Three's Company and keeping Don Knotts too, were there sour grapes...?

• Members

Audra didn't want to do the Ropers because she was afraid that it would fail. She wanted a clause too like Marla that if the show failed they could return to Three's Company. Norman convinced her to do The Ropers without a clause…and of course the rest is history. I am sure Audra was pissed at Norman for not going along with her. She was a smart woman and Norman wasn't smart….too bad Audra didn't stick to her guns.

• Members

Yeah…I kind of liked the Ropers though…it was no Three's Company…..I believe both Audra and Norman thought the Ropers were so important to the show that they deserved their own spin-off but Audra got cold feet at the end. Norman automatically thought if the Ropers failed they would return to Three's Company. But unfortunately both were shocked and upset to find out they had been replaced by Mr. Furley.

Archived