Meredith Baxter Joins The Young and the Restless

• Members

Good point. Perhaps Stitch and Kelly had potential early on, but thanks to some poor recasting and head-scratching plot twists, the two have become irrelevant. And yet, TPTB believe now is the perfect time to bring on the rest of the family? I don't get it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. With Donna Dixon as Patty Williams, Joey Lawrence as Stitch and Kelly's younger brother, Joey, and Tony Orlando as the new owner of the revived Allegro nightclub. Thus, we have the "Bosom Buddies"/"Gimme a Break!"/"Family Matters" (with Bryton)/Tony Orlando & Dawn super-reunion I KNOW fans have been dying for.

• Members

Let me make it clear: I don't object to Meredith Baxter Birney being cast on Y&R. She IS a strong actress -- in fact, she's probably stronger at drama than she is comedy. I just object to her casting as a "coup" for the show, because it ain't; and I object to her being cast as Stitch and Kelly's mom, because no WAY is that going to work out.

• Members

I am totally excited for this, I'm not gonna lie! I love this woman from her TV Movie of the Weeks that now rerun on Lifetime. Like one of the write-ups mentioned, one of her Emmys came from her TV movie playing Betty Broderick which remains one of my FAVORITE. She can do DRAMA.

Let's have Kristi McNichol go to B&B and come between Karen and Danielle.

Archived