Daytime Drama Casting Director

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only two soaps that Mark Pinter haven't brought his villian side to are B&B and DOOL. Here are two ideas on how those two soaps could utilize Pinter's talent for playing villians with a lot of layers. On B&B, Mark Pinter as John Forrester, Eric's younger brother, who comes to town to settle his unresolved rivalry with Eric. DOOL could resurrect the long forgotten Steve Olson character in the form of Mark Pinter. That way, on DOOL, Mark could continue playing nasty but his redeeming quality would be his Horton bloodline.

• Members

I'd love for Julia Barr to come to Y&R for a short stint (she'd never commit long-term to LA based show) to play Cady McClain's character's mother (I'm not even sure if it is an option because I don't follow well enough), but JB and Judy are very friendly off camera, so it could work on that level.

• Members

To answer Dr. Neil Curtis' question, Robert Newman hasn't played a character similar to Stavros Cassadine. However, I believe he could pull off a villanous performance. Also, Lorenzo Lamas would be an interesting Stavros. All he has to do is channel his Lance Cumson character from Falcon Crest.

Both Newman and Lamas would be decent recasts for Bo Brady on DOOL.

Oh, what do you think of Ron Raines coming to GH as the resurrected Mikkos Cassadine or better yet a recast of Mike Corbin?

Archived