DAYS: June 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least it could lead to some actual conflict, I hope. That's what I like to see, things planted and then brought back up to continue to fuel the story, be it weeks, months or years later.

I just don't know what happened between this year and last year. I really can't get over how meh the show has been for the last few months. It's finally slowly getting a bit better but I just hate what's going on with Ericole. So much good storytelling between them basically down the toilet. This story isn't doing anyone any favors.

• Members

AUjQghO.jpg?1

Wow, Days is back to the product placement talking about cramps and bloating. Its okay bc Paige has Midol Complete! Cant believe they had this in 2 segments How awkward

Dario! I was thinking about him the other day. Im shocked Days remembers he existed. His ass better not coming back. We are one away from completely eradicating the show of Hernandezes

HDh4bWX.jpg?1

Another Bo mention. WHY is he still alive? I liked Hope breaking down in Aidan's arms. I hope this allows her to move on

• Members

Yesterday was the first time in a while i sit down and watched an entire live episode.

I cant say that i was completly riveted with what was on screen but the good thing was that there was no Daniel Jonas on my screen.

The Page vs Bev over JJ kinda reminds me of an age-appropriate Sabrina/patrick/britt triangle. Dayum Page is a bore.

The Jordan/ben and Rafe/Gabi scenes could have been effective left in the hands of capable actors. Ck is the only one i felt even tried in those scenes (which is sad cuz i dont think shes that great an actress anyway)

GG's one acting strength is to play family scene it seems. Thats the few times i didnt think GG didnt completly suck on Passions.

Are they really going with Ben/abby? Cuz the Ben is holding a baby and Sonny is watching over scene kind of made me think they might try to use Ben as angst for WilSon (possibly the most boring couple i have seen since Putrina). Sonny never worked with Will imho. They d be good bff but i dont see them as a couple.

Kinda like Brady and Teresa. I am among the few wholoved JL as tempMaxie and i think shes doing a great job.

• Members

I figured as much. -_-

But im still wondering if there was a reason for that random shot of sonny looking almost lustfully at Ben holding baby Arianna. Had abby shown up at the end of the show i might have seen it as obvious set up for Ben and abby

But as stand alone scenes I really wanted to read it as a sign that a guy could be coming between WilSon. Cuz I will never buy WilSon as a couple. No matter who plays Will it seems.

I think Guy Wilson is a better Will than CM but i still see nothing rootworthy in WilSon.

• Members

I tried to like Guy Wilson, especially since CM wore out his welcome with his smirks and laughing in every scene -- but I have to admit that I don't.

Honestly, GW isn't working as Will, and the part should be recast. There's noting hot about Guy, and there's zero special about his acting. The writing hasn't helped, because Sonny & Will are so damn boring, and hearing them say "my husband" in conversation doesn't make them hot or interesting.

Camila Banus has been excellent in her sendoff scenes. Her performance is far beyond anything I expected.

• Members

Thoughts on the (short) week:

1) I love Eric and I love Nicole.. but I can't get into this storyline. I think it's because its too Dr. Dan-centric.

2) Really nice touch on Hope/Aiden story this week.. but the story has got to MOVE.

3) Outstanding performance by Camilla Banus this week. MUCH more than what I expected! She definitely gets the acting award of the week. I would say these performances have been the best of her time on Days.

4) We got a Dario Hernandez mention! Nice. Even though he was really a useless character, I love it when the writers respect history and remember the past.

Enjoy the days off this week and see you guys next week! Eileen and KdP are a coming! (though not fast enough! ;)

• Members

It was the same for me, I really tried to like Guy at first but it just isn't working. It's amazing that for such an important character none of the Wills have really been that great although Chandler had his moments.

Archived