GH: June 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

So, I'm already over Nina.

I think Michelle Stafford had a great spooky Friday reveal, and then immediately went back to doing zany wacky off-brand Phyllis with the line repetition and all her screwball tics in full bloom. As winning as her flow with the actress playing Rosalie is, comedy is not the way to go with this character right now; I don't care about wacky, goofy Nina on top of wacky, goofy, crazy Obrecht or wacky, goofy, crazy Heather. They went too broad too fast, which is what Ron always does now. Rosalie can stay, but I am already exhausted by Comedy Crazy Nina the same way I was by the late-years Phyllis on Y&R. This is not the proper use of Michelle Stafford's talent - this is just both her and the writers being self-indulgent. This should've kept it at 'holy [!@#$%^&*] - this chick is scary nuts.' That would have kept me interested. The way Janet Green/Jane Cox did on AMC in the mid-'90s - Robin Mattson was terrifying.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"self-indulgent" the key word here. Ron's one of the most self-indulgent writers I've ever seen pen a show.

I agree about Rosalie staying. I like her a lot. Stafford can do better than "Comedy Crazy Nina". It's just a bit too much. The crazy eyes, the tics ... sigh. She's so wasted on boring Easton and Monaco. Although I have to say Monaco has been looking REALLY good lately. Meanwhile Alexis looks like she's on a summer vacation and just rolled out of bed and loaded the kids up in the mini-van.

I should be invested in Sam and Silas and Nina should be terryfing. NONE of this works. Sam and Silas are a terrible couple.

Josslyn will stick out so much around Spencer, Cameron and Emma. She's already on another level than them. I groaned so loudly when Spencer started talking.

It was nice seeing Alice though! I didn't notice Becky's daughter at ALL but seeing the kids just immediately had me turning away. I like how Emma can now be on-screen because it's time to play the kiddie triangle, yet she's been MIA for how long now?

• Members

It started out so well last week, I was scared stiff, and then they immediately went to Michelle Stafford cutting up the other day. We already have Kathleen Gati, Robin Mattson, Roger Howarth, Kelly Thiebaud, Parry Shen and all the kids for that particular brand of "that" - and only Gati, Mattson and Shen are any good at it.

I agree Joss is so much better than the others it's embarrassing. The poor little kids playing Emma or Spencer are sweet but not actors and Spencer is just hamming it up for his parents in the front row of the school auditorium with a camcorder.

• Members

I sort of liked the Sonny/Ava scenes, or at least the idea behind them. Them arguing over alcohol for most of the episode sounds silly but it was about their power play and, under better writing and better execution, could have been dynamite stuff. I am glad RC is at least writing Ava is the nasty, self-preserving monster she ought to be--threatening to disfigure/deform her own child? Chilling stuff. Too bad it's wasted on a nothing show. And Sonny finally gave a good delivery: "I don’t expect you to do anything, you can smile, whatever, I just want you to DIE." MB made me laugh with that.

Are you ready for this? I liked Carly for a hot second. When she yelled (what else?) about how she wanted to protect Michael, it worked. Color me shocked. Franco... well, this jealousy stuff fits him MUCH better than funny man serial killer. Those jeans also fit him well. But the face:

tumblr_n7r6itEBOW1stwcm0o10_1280.jpgsatyr.jpg

ME is as useless an actor as Silas a character. He really just cannot. be. bothered. Apart from Rosalie actress finally coaching SOME kind of reaction from him when he rolled his eyes at her, this Ostrich bitch couldn’t even be bothered lifting MS himself when he picked her up off the floor and MS, a paralyzed woman with very weak legs, had to push herself up while pretending she didn't. Like, dude, was stick-thin MS too heavy for you? Production values!

Dingo manipulating Maxie and then giving the classic evil-eyes-behind-someone's-back thingy. Yeah, right. As if Dingo is smart enough to pull that off. How could anyone care?

Rosalie is good. Rosalie can stay. Rosalie wins.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Thanks for posting this so I don't have to bother trying to find the words to articulate it!

• Members

Was Stafford like this at Y&R? Because I found crazy Nina unbearable to watch. She went from zero to CARTOON in two seconds. RC always writes his crazies as such over the top clowns but now I finally understand what people were talking about when they referenced MS' acting tics. There was something about her acting that reminded me of the manic, frenzied, forced "wackiness" you see on Disney Channel shows. All that was missing was the theme song to That's So Raven.

• Members

So is Ric really not getting a funeral? I don't expect one onscreen since he's not dead but everyone thinks he is. I cant beelive we haven't heard of Molly or Liz arranging one for him.

Obrecht and Franco, oh boy. So egg salad is the new BLT?

Why are they wasting Sonny on this little twerp? I bet Maurice must be annoyed with these scenes. I cant believe Sonny and Carly are trying to pimp Joss off on Spencer

I CANT with Sam about to solve another case for stupid ass Anna

• Members

I ff just about all of it. Even some of the Carly/Scummy stuff. The Spencer kid is so damn awful. I mean, he's really painful to watch. Really bad. Scummy trying to pretend he has a bond with Carly because he needs someone on his side? Unbreakable bond? Try a grown ass screw up crybaby who can't wipe his own ass and only "needs" Carly because he has no one else who doesn't find him to be lower than rat droppings!

It took me about 7 minutes to watch the entire eppy! Complete and utter trash! You'd think Anna would be on the case of the person who almost killed her granddaughter, but no, she doesn't care. I'm not even sure she knows Gabriel is dead.

• Members

I love how Dr. O has no use for incompetent employees, as I've said many times. But she's so happy to see Franco?! Gag me with a spoon. And she's offering a job to him?!?! Liesl, it's not your fault that McDonald's won't hire him.

James Franco >>>>>>>> Roger Howarth. Not that it's hard.

Levi's smirking is enough proof. And if the only way to make Levi and Nathan watchable is to keep having them take their shirts off then you might want to cut your losses. It's much needed! Especially since neither of them are remotely attractive at all.

Seeing Molly rant at her mother in her lethargic sing song voice is painful. But I liked the scene with the letter from Ric.

Kiki was right for once in her life when she said Rafe can't act to save his life. But then she makes it all about him not being over Molly. God she's an ignorant twit.

Look at Rafe with those earrings, thinking 'he fresh'...

Omg. Oh joy. A kiddie quarangle.

Spencer is wrong in the head. He's damaged. I'm not surprised that Sonny gave him 'advice' today. Spencer really is a mini Sonny. And Joss is so obnoxious and unbearable.

Anna and Plywood have some dirty chemistry

• Members

I don't agree about Anna and Emma; they've had innumerable scenes since she returned. As for Gabriel, who gives a [!@#$%^&*], honestly. But no, they island her stories like all the others - she can only focus on one case at a time in RC's world.

I am amazed that Sonny and Spencer have had all these scenes but as far as I can recall, not once has anyone mentioned Courtney.

Archived