GH: June 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

If it's wrong for wishing Nina well, I'll accept that. I was unsure of what MS's Nina could contribute to the show. She's made me worry about a couple I don't even like (Silas and Sam). She makes me understand her angry even if her reaction is way over the top. I keep wishing there will be some sort of way of mixing things up with Ava and Niina - partners in crime, so to speak.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So true. He did it on OLTL with Ford. I remember seeing all the posts talking about a bucket of water. A few years later, those same people wanted to kill Ford twice.

No need to explain. I didn't mean that as shade. I'm perfectly happy to see Stafford get all this love. I think it's pretty clear that she's just GH's version of Marty Saybrooke and in that vein I see no reason not to give her props for doing good worK with lousy writing. I feel about her the same way I felt when Anna/FH returned. I'm just thrilled to see a 40-something veteran soap actress being allowed to do her thing.

I was just thinking of those Cartini stans who like to claim it's impossible to say anything good about GH without being "bullied." A lot of people are saying good things and I don't see any pushback.

• Members

For me, IMO, Dr. O and Nina are both entertaining in a huge trainwreck sh*ts and giggles way. It helps that Kathleen Gati and Michelle Stafford have fun with their roles. I think Maurice Bernard is just heinous and so unlikable. Maura West has talent but she's so boring here as Ava.

It cracks me up that Nina does so much more smirking when she's actually around Sam and Silas than when she's alone. You'd think she was trying to give herself away!

"If she's anything like her mother, she's probably banging someone else's boyfriend."

"He's out. On a date. With his whore."

TEAM NINA!!!!!!

Why does Silas have two women so desperate for him?!?! I know it's clearly a soap and not real life but come on! Clearly one of RC's disgusting wet dreams. It's just like Natalie and Marty fighting over John on OLTL, especially when Marty went psycho cray cray.

Carly is so obnoxious. Not that it differs from her usual but her rants and empty promises against Ava amount to nothing every single time. She's being so f*cking annoying that I actually want Ava to get away with everything and win.

Franco's schtick was never funny.

Emme Rylan's OK when she's written within her limits and Lulu's not being a banshee. Kirsten Storms looks awful.

Levi and Plywood have so much more chemistry with each other than either of them have with Maxie. I would skip over their scenes but I want to see who gives the weirdest performance.

• Members

LOL Nina was so over the top campy. I'm actually enjoying her, mostly. When I put aside the awful storyline, I think Stafford is giving it her all. I love that she has a list. I like this Rosalie chick too.

I agree that's where the Ava/Sonny/Carly thing is going.

I didn't mind Franco and Joss that much, because RH does well with kid actor, and I love all the shade Josslyn throws at Franco. She's far better than the other kids.

• Members

This little girl is so good. I'm totally seeing a young Dakota Fanning in her. Dakota was miles ahead of the rest at 8 years old. She certainly can hold her own with adults. The "actors" who play Spencer, Cam and Emma, don't hold a candle to this fabulous young actress. She does not belong on GH!

As for Joss, I [!@#$%^&*] hate her with a passion and I don't find her funny with FrankenTodd. She's coming up behind this man with a crowbar? Sorry, I did not find that funny. It was quite disturbing... Craptini have a unique quality in that they can ruin something so good in a matter of minutes. I don't like little fresh mouthed kids at all. It's one of the reasons I never ever liked Starr Manning. If you need Joss and others speaking for the audience about FrankenTodd, this is basically admitting you have failed with this character. Fix it or cut his ass loose! I don't need his redemption thru a demon child.

Why in the sam hell is Carly at Scummy's house keeping an eye on Ava? What [!@#$%^&*] business is this of hers? Scummy made this bed, so let him lie in it. Plot point trash is the worst! Francly decide to move in with one another, OFFSCREEN for more than a week, back so that we can laugh at all the crap FrankenTodd moved in and now we are at trouble in paradise? Excuse me for asking, but where in the sam hell is the rest of this "story"? In the OFFSCREEN pile? How did we get to this point in the relationship? When did Scummy become a romantic threat? Ugh! Carly has to watch Ava for Scummy? Is he pathetic and stupid? Wait...don't answer that.

I hate Scummy so much and there are are no words to properly convey this.

Loved Ava's dress!

They are doing with Nina exactly what they did with Ava. While long standing characters' "stories" play OFFSCREEN, they are not missing one single beat with their new pet. We are getting every painstaking detail of what is going on in this "story". And like Ava, peeps will be wishing her off the screen. Stafford is like 14 for 16 so far. That's insane! Ava's in the reject pile already. The pregnancy all but killed her. She's a ruthless mobster taken captive by that idiot, big bad Scummy? Totally contradicts Carly having to keep an eye on Ava so she doesn't dupe said bad ass mobster. Gotta watch your plots, moRon!

What else? Oh, NOTHING!

I am looking forward to Francly today because I'm hoping like hell FrankenTodd does the opposite of what Jax did in regards to Scummy. I want him to nail her ass!!!! For real!

• Members

If the writers werent so damn predictable i could pretend to be intrigued with where this story is going but it is so obvious that Nathan is the designated winner and levi is just there as his wing man.

I am starting to like Levi more and more but cant wait for him to move away from the naxie crap. I think making him Jerry jacks' son with Miranda Jamesson would be intriguing.

• Members

Just got caught up, thank God for the DVR. Was in the hospital for 2 weeks and it took me a day to catch up on this thread alone. Some thoughts on the month:

I'm pretty sure that baby Gabriel was the last jar of Pickle-Lila in a blanket.

Loved when JE called Kiki Kiki-Kaka. Ron stop trolling!

Love the idea of MS as Liz's mom instead of Nina.

Although she's already eating the show, I enjoyed MS w/ Rosalee. Rosalee could fit in at the hospital, maybe a friend for Britt.

Liz, the last of the Hardys on the canvas, no longer works at the hospital? C'mon now!

Chit, ITA w/ your post # 663- the only 3 good newbies created by Cartini.

I would take Det. Woodcock Front, back, or sideways. Great photo!

Michael couldn't be CEO of Tinkertown. He looks ridiculous.

The Brownstone returns! Let's hope the next generation that lives there is worthy of the original [not Kiki].

Sam looks rode hard and put away wet!

Rafe the coked up little freak finally made him a little interesting. Loved his scene w/ Nina!

JE must absolutely hate this story. Tracey Q has never been so gullible.

Thank God for Amsterdam! It was time for that trip!

Why must every story on this show need a baby? Next it'll be Piph w/ baby rabies!

Bruce Jenner needs to go. I got a kick out of the scene when Nathan heard his last name. Why did they name him after that season one host of American Idol?

Maxie ate my meat!" Best line of the year!

• Members

tumblr_n7mtp2Z3Sb1qhtzooo1_500.png

anyone else feel like we might get them? He's currently single and they've been getting a lot more scenes recently. I can easily see Patrick and Sam going closer, Nina picking up on it and manipulating things to turn Silas against them

Archived