The Flash: Discussion Thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I find myself FFing it in places and don't enjoy it nearly as much as I do Arrow. It is like they tried to do in one episode what Arrow did in two seasons: create the supporting cast who work as his team. These characters formed Team Flash in five minutes so it is all so abrupt. Does anyone care about his budding attraction with that female with the dead fiancee the way they do Oliver and Felicity? On Arrow we got to watch Oliver slowly form his different friendships with each and every one of the supporting cast. On Flash, Barry was best buddies and equally buddies with each and every person from Iris's father all the way down the that wacky but goodhearted computer genius assistant of his. And the romance of Iris and that cop is also too much too soon.

The show's ok, but Arrow is where it's at.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

I don't feel any attraction going on between Barry and either girl. In some ways, it feels like a throwback to the more innocent versions of comic heroes---where we see them battle right vs. wrong rather than worry about how their identity threatens their love life. With a lot of tv so dark, I think it's a refreshing twist, even if it wasn't planned as such. Although casting GG practically screams it---he of the baby face and sweet, trusting nature.

I'm definitely more about Arrow---but this show has a charm to it.

• Members

Excellent use of a crossover. Too often (like 99.95% of the time) the character crossing over feels like they're on the "outside" of the story, simply there for window dressing, make a few smart-assed quips and leave. Not only did Felicity feel organic to the story---I think I got more insight to her here as opposed to Arrow. EBR is really a find.

• Members

Felicity is great but she works better on Arrow where her computer nerd prowess stands in stark contrast to literally everyone else who is capable of taking out ninjas. Plus, her awkward shy yet sexy thing goes perfectly with the abtastic and bicep blessed Arrow because she is about as unphysical as it gets while he is total physicality--and yet they work and both pine away for each other.

Felicity exposes the weakness of this show--the lack of a Felicity. They have no supporting characters on this show who just come to life, the way Arrow does. Arrow had so many characters who just grabbed you from their first scene, but Flash has none. That surfer computer guy and the girl really add nothing to the show. As Felicity said, the Arrow team took time to build, and this crew got together instantly. The lack of story for these characters before they became team Flash makes them fairly dull. On Arrow we had many episodes of Felicity before she ever learned who the Arrow was and that worked to Felicity and the show's benefit. Arrow is the better show by far, and you should give it a try.

• Members

See the team on this show is one of my problems. I really can't stand the way they just through a team together because Berlanti was trying to copy Arrow and all it The Flash. Cisco and Caitlin are boring weak links played by lackluster actors. There's also a lack of chemistry between this team. I haven't been liking these crossovers. Arrow is just different tone wise from The Flash and they don't mesh well together. The Flash has always been lighter.

• Members

I don't care for Tom Cavanaugh on this show. The lack of a Felicity type character on the team is sorely obvious, and the team just doesn't gel enough for me. I hope there is an episode that shows a more believable bond in the team. The supporting cast is all right, but there is just something missing.

Grant Gustin is a great leading man, though he is still a little green. I enjoyed him on Glee. His interview on the View today was entertaining, and I see this as a show to watch for at least a few years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Really liked tonight's episode. More and more I feel Harrison Wells being the breakout character that drives the show. The little codas at the end of the show are usually the most intriguing moments, as we get insight into Wells and what's really going on.

And the Flash vs. Arrow promo rocked! Can't hardly wait for next week.

• Members

This was pretty good. I stopped watching Flash because I was finding it dull but this worked out nicely. I was shocked to see they had Ollie run into that girl on this show and not his own. She had his baby only he doesn't know it. The end with Ronnie was pretty cool. I thought it was going to be a two part episode, but I guess it is just back to back team ups. In any case I am looking forward to tomorrow, although I don't like that these four strangers now know who Ollie is.

Great fight scene.