The Flash: Discussion Thread

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Okay, Henry's dead. So the man in the mask is probably another version of him, right?

*sigh* Black Siren's cameo was pretty useless. I did however, get a HUGE laugh when Wally took her out with his car while she was monologing.

• Members

Wow---oddly, I'm a little disappointed to have been (essentially) right about the Iron Mask Man being Jay Garrick and  Henry's doppelganger. I mean, I'm never right, LOL. Makes you wonder if the writers are running out of ideas. IMO, they picked the easiest and most predictable person for it to be. OTOH, I don't have to wonder how they're going to keep Wells on the show next season---he'll be OriginalWells version 2.0 in a time-shift storyline. Barry's going to !@#$%^&*] over the entire universe to have his mom.

The other thing I don't quite buy is that Barry's pain has sent him over some kind of edge. I don't think GG really connects to this epically painful past enough to sell that Barry would ever consider giving up a future with Iris to get his mom back. The tone on this show is too upbeat for me to really remember Barry should carry these deep wounds that drive him. That's Oliver Queen/Arrow territory. Not Flash's MO.

• Administrator

Whenever a show (Flash, Lost, Fringe) deals with "time" and past/present/future, it's so confusing, but I still love them.   Okay, can someone easily explain what a Time Remnant is? The Flash that sacrificed himself in the finale was a TR - where was he from? How did the Flash get him? Is it just yourself in the past? 

So with Barry going back to save his mother, what are the repercussions that we know of?   Why did the Flash that was looking through the door vanish? 

If the multi-verse as infinite Earths, how can Zoom destroy something that is infinite? 

• Members

It's pretty hard to explain but I'll try: when a speedster goes back in time the past self is referred to as a time remnant.The Flash that sacrificed himself was from the past, Flash went back in time to tell him about the plan possibly going wrong. The time remnant is yourself from the past.

Barry rescuing his mother basically resets the events that happened in the first two seasons of Flash and presumably the other shows (Arrow, Legends, Supergirl), it was a comic called Flashpoint. The Barry that was wiped from existence was the Barry from season 1, so since the timeline that Barry was in no longer exists, he also no longer exists.

The Crisis of Infinite Earths series, destroyed the multiverse and combined them together.

Edited by cassadine1991