DAYS: May 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You mean, Ali made her wear those psychedelic lululemons?

Great.

One mystery solved.

Now, who the !@#$%^&*] gunned down a Horton?

• Members

Ali shot Nick. That's why they didn't show the hand of the gunman and there was no way most of the other suspects did it; they showed everyone almost right after the shooting. The whole thing was poorly done, other than acting by Blake and Susan. The rest was dumb. Will steals a gun, EJ hires a hit man...lazy writing

• Members

Thoughts on the week:

1) You know Days isn't horrible right now - it just isn't great either. We're just not firing on all fours the way we were most of last year. It's May, the spring is nearly behind us.. it's May sweeps and its time to get things rolling! I know the "who killed Nick?" storyline is supposed to be our big May sweeps.. but I'm more depressed about Blake not being on the show and honestly, I don't really care who killed Nick! I'm just sad that he's gone.

2) Having said that - SSH gave some great acting this week in the town square and her screams. As she did in the morgue (I couldn't really tell where it was at.. I think it may have even been in a hospital room) where she, Maggie, Hope, and Gabi all gave great emotional performances in saying goodbye to Nick. I also appreciated the Nick/Gabi montage they did. We don't see montages as often as we used to - but this one was well done and I felt like it was fitting.

3) Kate's reaction was amazingly spot on when she told Maggie that Nick was dead. Just as if she were reading the Sunday morning newspaper. Love Lauren Koslow!

4) So we finally got to meet the recast Sydney (if you blinked you may have missed it) - she seemed to be able to sit still better than the other one. If those in charge knew of James & Ali's departure at this time in production then I don't see the point in recasting Sydney (even if the other one wasn't that great) but otherwise it's just eh... she'll be gone when James and Ali are by year's end.

5) I loved seeing Marlena this week! Great interaction with Marlena/Hope, Marlena/ Sami/Allie, Marlena/Will. I love how Marlena is always there for her family - Will, Sami, Allie, Eric. Deidre plays the loving mom/grandma so well.

6) Speaking of other characters who were on a lot this week... was Daniel on all 5 days this week!? TPTB - let's PLEASE fix this!

Otherwise, a pretty blah week. Let's move along this "Who shot Nick?' story (I think we all have a pretty good idea who it is with our upcoming departures, etc)... and then lets please move into EJ/Sami's wedding/ a real reveal !

Archived