GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the episode overall, it was very emotional. My heart was aching for the Quartermaines. I understand they can't do anything at this point about Alan (and Edward and Lila) being gone but I would love for them to undo at least one of the younger Quartermaine deaths and have it stick. So angry AJ is dead...again. I guess they technically traded him for Jason but dear god, that is no trade I want any part of! He's not even on screen so what's the point? I loved that Emily referred to Michael and Danny as Quartermaines, I sure as hell hope the show treats them that way. I just don't appreciate the fact that there's an entire generation of Quartermaines missing. Why not bring on a recast Dillon?

The scenes with Sonny and the three Carlys were wonderful. Maurice has such an intense chemistry with both Sarah and Tamara and both had such iconic portrayals of the character. I agree with those who say Maurice and Laura have no romantic chemistry. If Laura ever leaves and the show is still around, I hope they bring back Sarah or Tamara because damn.

Felt very strange to not have Anna, Duke, Tracy and Luke on. But I supposed with FauxLuke, what were their options? The show would've started with him doing a line of cocaine out of Kiki's ass: "Happy 51st, GH!" laugh.png

• Members

The three Carly's certainly poiinted out how LW lacks sexual chemistry with Mo. Im not even a fan of CarSon and saw it melting from the screen btween Mo and TB and Mo & Sjb always managed to sell it. (It kind of fell flat to me on their scenes today, though)

I love sjb but she isnt aging too well. A pity cuz shes a kick ass actress. And i usually keep myself from saying things about actresses' look becuz its hard in this business for any women past 30 but i found it distracting.

The episode as a whole wasnt that bad but not good either. A few things work (having felicia, mac, kevin, monica, scotty, bobbie all in one show) but others were just bad (Carson was the only one deem worthy of a flashback?)

• Members

The hair and whatever additional work she's had done in the last year or two were the problem with Sarah. But the lighting didn't help, thanks Frank. I'd still have her back above all. I don't care if she looks a little like a kabuki actor.

The show was just so tonally off, IMO. It would be one thing to do this special Carly thing any other day, or perhaps with different material - each Carly should have not only drawn on their past together but also challenged him about the present, emphasized that what he had done to A.J. was wrong, fought him on it while invoking that past history. Sarah sure could have, and they had past material to draw on for that. (You could've even shown her dragging drunk A.J. around in 1997 and talking about her regrets.) Same with Tamara. But instead it was less about the current, very serious circumstances and more about memory lane, and that was just so inappropriate. It was celebrating Sonny and Carly while simultaneously killing A.J. and trying to turn it into a happy anniversary event. That was awful. The trappings - the ghostly hospital with pictures, the Carlys - nice idea, horrible script and story.

This is why I miss TOLN.

• Members

I really wish I cared who had the best chem with Mo/Scummy (it's TB, BTW). I don't appreciate all of this for that little whiney dirty greaseball! Carly works so much better away from Scummy! SJB looks a bit rough but the hair looks good.

Too bad they passed on the scenes of Scummy calling her a whore and tossing her out.

• Members

Yes, good luck with that. If you have any further GIFs of other people or fictional television shows to send to me with which to represent yourself, please send them to my inbox and stop derailing the thread.

• Members

I'm confuzzled.

So far under Crappy, Scummy has threatened to kill Carly because of Olivia (plot point, of course) was sexing up Olivia while Carly was MIA and went to see Carly at the hospital OFFSCREEN after she was rescued. So I have to ask, what were the scenes about today? What was I supposed to get from that?

Seriously, somone please help me out here.

Oh, and if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, feel free to pass - coughVeecough... lol

Archived