GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

No offense but Jed Allen was not Edward. He was a place holder because GH over estimated Edward Q popularity when they fired John Ingle. Then only giving him recurring status. GH shuld have put him back on contract from the start

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No offense, but neither JA's Edward nor RC's Skye are Quartermaines to me. They are both imposters.

I'm still so mad they killed off A.J. and I don't even particularly like A.J. that much. But he's a Q. You don't kill off a Q. Frank and Ron are now no better than Phelps and Guza, IMO. Sad to see GH sink this low.

• Members

I'm ok with Skye cause Alan did legally adopt her. JA is a good actor, Just not Edward. Wonder how close talks got with Lloyd Bochner back in 2004 for the role? loved JI and loved DL. They were two different takes but true to the heart of Edward Q

• Members

There is a difference, though, between using clips w/ previous actors in this-or-that role as flashbacks, and making cheap jokes about the fact that that role hasn't always been played by the same actor. When shows do the latter, IMO, they call unmerited attention to themselves and spoil the notion that these are fully realized worlds for the audience to "escape" into.

Archived