GH: April 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

The amount of the audience that loathes this faceless creature severely outweighs those who anticipate her arrival. She's already worn out her welcome!

Now we have the annorexic homeless quack now mourning her so that we will have a nice triangle when she arrives. Yeah, so gonna ff that!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I gotta give it to LW's Carly, too - when she took Michael calling A.J. his father, and told Michael the last year with him was "the best of A.J." and urged him to hold onto it and know his dad loved him, that was classy. I'm not sure Carly has ever had that in her before. Guza would never have allowed it.

• Members

Whipped Cream and Mayan Chocolate Wednesdays for all of Port Charles.

I love Felicia, I do, but I'm not entirely convinced she can spell 'legislature.' No, that's not true, but still, public office? Felicia? Still, I'll watch it.

• Administrator

I've never been a Sonny/Carly fan or a Carly fan but I really liked the three Carly's today - I thought the flashbacks were really cool too. You rarely see soaps acknowledge recasts in this way.

• Members

OLTL came close when it honored the late Clint Ritchie the day before Viki's wedding to Charlie Banks - Jerry verDorn had been in the role for a number of years by then, but they showed a big picture of Ritchie as she told Gigi about all her marriages and said "Clint was so different then". That was the right thing to do. And of course they did the Asian Blair gag at Asa's fake funeral in 2001, when Blair looked in her compact, all confused.

I wish more shows would be so free about their recasts. Just show the originals or past performers. It's the right thing to do.

• Members

The worst thing about Lila's memorial in 2004 is that, IIRC, both John Ingle and Rena Sofer (and possibly Vanessa?) offered to return as Edward and Lois, and DOOL was willing to let Ingle go over for the day, but Jill said no, we have Jed Allan.

• Members

I agree with JFP. You have someone in the role who is capable of doing what needs to be done. It's about the characters and not the actors!

I've slept on it and still Scummy needs to die! The way he was trying to manipulate Carly and was totally working her by reminding her that she said she would always have his back? My God! Some saw that as a sign of a CarSon reunion. Sure, if that is what some need to believe. Carly has nothing more to give Scummy and this really needs to be it.

The Floating Rib and its participants...

Noah left Bobbie...

The end was like - WOW! Way to give a huge middle finger to the audience. "You got your precious Qs...choke on it". HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Wow! Just wow!

Archived