Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Missing

Roman

• Members

277 passengers and crew. The plane apparently crashed in the South China Sea. Radio contact was lost after 4:30pm EST. Relatives were moved to a hotel and have now been updated with the latest information.

Plane crashes now happen so rarely that it comes as a shock to me. The aircraft itself has an excellent record.

Prayers to all of them and their loved ones & families.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not confirmed they are dead, they haven't even found wreckage of the plane. Something major went wrong though and they just found out two people on board were using stolen passports, as the real people are safe and sound. Sounds like a potential hijacking to me. I've got my fingers crossed and am praying. Still terrible news. :(

• Members

Stolen passports isn't going to be the sign of a hijacking in that area of the world. That's a big tourist area and a huge city. People with no means of getting out of the county will steal passports to try and use to get out. Happens all the time and selling stolen passports (especially from Western countries) is a huge business.

Anyway, they're saying they've found oil that they assume is from the plane so it more than likely malfunctioned and went down.

• Members

Isn't the post a tabloaid though....I wouldn't say they're exactly the first site I'd go to for reliable information esp in a situation like this.

The whole thing though is very disturbing. The very fact that we practically know nothing about what happened to this flight is kinda scary to me. I can only imagine how shellshocked and confused the families are....

EDIT: Just saw the disintegration theory on HuffPost so I guess it must have a little credibility...still that sounds so crazy to me.

• Members

I honestly believe the Malaysian government knew that plane was hijacked minutes after it dissapeared and, fearing sanctions, tried to cover it up and have handled this whole incident so badly that most of the international community is now putting their foot in the backsides demanding the same answers they should have been demanding from day 1....that's IF they didn't know about it.

Archived