GH: Could you accept a new Robert Scorpio??

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. The whole point of even bringing a character like Robert back is the nostalgia factor and that is completely lost if you're looking at a face other than TR's. Robert is not back because RC wants to write great new and interesting story for him, he's back because he was *the* (rhymes with Vee) Robert Scorpio once upon a time. Somebody PM me the day before Abby start, please and thank you.

• Members

I could.

I started watching the show in 1992 and didn't see him in action until he returned (briefly) in 2006 so I spent my first 14 years watching the show without him. When I think of the 22 years I've watched this show, he doesn't even register in my Top 100 fave moments.

• Members

Well most newbie viewers wouldn't care if he was recast. But my guess is that newbie viewers wouldn't care if Erica Kane, Victoria Lord, Victor Newman or Marlena Evans was recast either. It doesn't mean they should be. There is a history there with a particular actor or actress playing them. These long time characters should not be recast regardless if newer viewers haven't seen them in their heyday.

Archived